• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Multiple Burn Sessions On A Dvd+R Or Dvd-R

hesper

Question

As a recent switcher to Mac from PC, I find the Mac burning gear overly-complicated. On PC, I used NERO for burning and could always do

multiple data (mostly still pix) burn sessions on DVD+/-R disks. Is this possible on Toast and do I need to be aware of anything special?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

That only is possible on PCs and not Macs. There is a Mac application called Retrospect that does incremental burns on DVD media but you also need to use Retrospect to read anything that is burned to those discs.

I suggest using a 4 GB flash drive instead. When it gets full you can copy it to DVD media for longer-term storage.

Using the 4BG stick system, would I be able to burn the contents of multiple sticksto a single DVR+/-R?

Up to the maximum 4.38 GB that fits on a single-layer DVD. Toast also has a disc spanning feature in the Data window where you can add as much content as you like and Toast will automatically span it across multiple DVDs and include a directory and application for finding what is on which disc.