• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning Hd Files To Dvd To Play On Blu Ray Player

diverden

Question

I have been creating keynote presentations and exporting them to a .mov video file to play at trade shows. I have been playing them from a computer hooked to a 720p tv but would like to use a player instead. I have tried burning to a dvd and using an upconverting dvd player but the quality is not there. I am told that with Toast Titanium 10 with HD plug in I can burn the high res file to a dvd and play on a blu ray player at full quality. Before I buy the software I want to make sure this is going to work. The .mov file is at 1280 x 720 (about 450 megs). Will I need to convert the .mov file to another format or can I burn it as is? Any other things I should know?

Any help would be appreciated.

diverden

2 answers to this question

I have been creating keynote presentations and exporting them to a .mov video file to play at trade shows. I have been playing them from a computer hooked to a 720p tv but would like to use a player instead. I have tried burning to a dvd and using an upconverting dvd player but the quality is not there. I am told that with Toast Titanium 10 with HD plug in I can burn the high res file to a dvd and play on a blu ray player at full quality. Before I buy the software I want to make sure this is going to work. The .mov file is at 1280 x 720 (about 450 megs). Will I need to convert the .mov file to another format or can I burn it as is? Any other things I should know?

Any help would be appreciated.

diverden

Yes you can do this. You dont need to convert Toast will do this for you. Remember you can only get about 30-45 min of HD on a regular DVD at high quality settings.

Yes you can do this. You dont need to convert Toast will do this for you. Remember you can only get about 30-45 min of HD on a regular DVD at high quality settings.

Thank you for the info. Yes, I know that the playback time is less but my movies are only about 3 minutes long so there should be no problem.

Thanks again.