• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transitions Go To Black Screen

Michelle

Question

I have created a project in Videowave 2010 and right as I was about to burn it, I noticed that some of the transitions between pictures are going to black screen either right before or right after the transition. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but it looks really awful. Has anyone else seen this and found a fix to it? Any help would be appreciated.

10 answers to this question

I have created a project in Videowave 2010 and right as I was about to burn it, I noticed that some of the transitions between pictures are going to black screen either right before or right after the transition. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, but it looks really awful. Has anyone else seen this and found a fix to it? Any help would be appreciated.

That is usually a video card issue. What do you have and have you updated the drivers for it?

In Video Wave, go to the top menu and select Tools/Options and put a check mark next to software. You will lose any 3 D transitions you may have. Make a short project using only the transitions you see that are software compatible to see if that eliminates the problem.

Most of the transitions are working perfectly, but a few are having this issue. Right now, all the transitions are working but there is ghosting of the image after each transition. I installed the sp2 already, but it didn't fix the ghosting problem. My video card is NVIDA GeForce 8400M GS. The drivers are updated (I just checked).

Most of the transitions are working perfectly, but a few are having this issue. Right now, all the transitions are working but there is ghosting of the image after each transition. I installed the sp2 already, but it didn't fix the ghosting problem. My video card is NVIDA GeForce 8400M GS. The drivers are updated (I just checked).

Just to trouble shoot, put a colored panel in front of and behind a transition that is giving you problems. Do you still see the same issue? Did you change to software encode (render)?

I put in colored panels before and after. The problem didn't happen when I did that. I did make the change for the software to encode, but then the transitions didn't exist, so I switched it back. The exact same transition works in some places and not in a couple places. On thing I have noticed is that if the transition works well, then after the transition happens the picture from after stays in the background of all the pictures following it. Very frustrating.

I put in colored panels before and after. The problem didn't happen when I did that. I did make the change for the software to encode, but then the transitions didn't exist, so I switched it back. The exact same transition works in some places and not in a couple places. On thing I have noticed is that if the transition works well, then after the transition happens the picture from after stays in the background of all the pictures following it. Very frustrating.

The issue is your video card/chip. What do you have and have you updated the drivers for it. I asked this earlier and you did not reply.

If you have a chip, it is possible that 3D transitions will not work with your computer. You must use only the ones that are available in software render.

Edited by sknis

I did say in an earlier post that my video card is NVIDA GeForce 8400M GS and the latest updates are installed.

I apologize; I missed that. :wacko:

That video chip has had problems since it came out. Read this.. It will work in software render but it will give problems in the Hardware mode. Since you have no possibility of upgrading that video chip, I would suggest that you use software only.

As for the driver, di you just chek Windows or did you go to your notebook manufacturer's web site.

I have created many other projects before this one with no problems whatsoever. The last one I created (before this current one) was on 6/15/2010. I don't see how this would be a video card only problem if I've had no other problems. Maybe an update that was installed between then and now has changed something?

I have created many other projects before this one with no problems whatsoever. The last one I created (before this current one) was on 6/15/2010. I don't see how this would be a video card only problem if I've had no other problems. Maybe an update that was installed between then and now has changed something?

Why didn't you say so in the first place? There is only one Creator 2010 update to SP2. Did you do that? Did you install any other video/imaging software? Did you change any Windows setting. Did you shut off your anti-virus and anti-malware in you previous efforts?

Have you done any computer maintenance lately - get rid of temp files and defrag your computer's hard drive?

Edited by sknis

I make changes all the time. Things are updated automatically. I have virus protection too. I disabled it when I installed initially, but haven't since. I installed the update from May. This problem is really weird because sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't. There seems to be no pattern. I'm about to throw in the towel and try a different program.