• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Flip Video To Dvd

Newsman2010

Question

I received a Flip Video camera as a door prize recently and used it to record an interview with my 86-year-old father a few weeks ago. I've been trying to burn it to a DVD ever since with no real luck. :-(

The burning software I have is a competitor's product, and an older version at that, which doesn't support Hi-Def video. :-( The freeware tools I've been using to try and down-convert the video have done a great job converting the video, but there's no audio to go with it. The camera saves it's video files in MP4 format, which complicates things.

My question is this: If I buy a copy of Roxio Creator 2010, will I be able to down-convert the video to standard NTSC capable of burning to a DVD and have audio to go with it?

Looking at the input formats, I see that Roxio 2010 does accept MP4 input, but it's listed as an audio input, which confuses me a bit.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I received a Flip Video camera as a door prize recently and used it to record an interview with my 86-year-old father a few weeks ago.

My question is this: If I buy a copy of Roxio Creator 2010, will I be able to down-convert the video to standard NTSC capable of burning to a DVD and have audio to go with it?

Looking at the input formats, I see that Roxio 2010 does accept MP4 input, but it's listed as an audio input, which confuses me a bit.

Thanks!

Perhaps you missed it because of the way it is listed:

Input Formats

Video: AVI, DV, HDV, DV-AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, MPEG2-HD, DVD-Video, IFO/VOB, XviD, DVR-MS, TiVo, ASF, MOV, WMV, QuickTime, 3GP, MPEG2 Transport Stream, AVC (H.264), AVCHD

Of course, your computer must be able to handle the program. These specs are really the bare minimum. HD requires more than this.

Yes, you should be able to use Creator 2010 to down convert to standard definition. If video is all you want, there are some less expensive options. If you but directly from Roxio, you have a 30 day $$ back warranty.