Cd Spin Doctor On Mac

RickinVegas

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm having the same problem with CD Spin Doctor 6 (from Toast Titanium) and Mac OS X 10.6.4. Although I assure that each track end exactly matches the next track's beginning, I get roughly 15 seconds, or so, of audio at the end of each track. The beginning of the next track starts where it should but this repeats the audio from the end of the prior track.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to correct or work around the problem?

Does Roxio have a fix, or can I provide them more information to aid them in correcting the problem?

Thanks!

Greetings! I'm back from a few weeks away and wanted to thank you both for the replies.

I am recording LP audio and setting the track boundaries completely manually. I believe that I am usually just dragging the right boundary out to the end of each track. I had terrible luck with the automatic tools and my recordings. So, unfortunately, my experience differed from RickinVegas. If either of you have ideas, I would be very pleased to give them a try. Boston's fist album is in line to be recorded next!

I looked again closer at this using Audacity and found that I had roughly 25 seconds of extra audio at the end of each track, agreeing with Rick's findings. I also found that saving a track to disk has the same results as saving to iTunes.

I'm still hoping that someone can help. I upgraded Roxio mostly for the new CD Spin Doctor features and not only do they not provide useful results, but this new version does not seem to be able to record the track to disk properly. Grumble... :(

I looked again closer at this using Audacity and found that I had roughly 25 seconds of extra audio at the end of each track, agreeing with Rick's findings. I also found that saving a track to disk has the same results as saving to iTunes.

I'm still hoping that someone can help. I upgraded Roxio mostly for the new CD Spin Doctor features and not only do they not provide useful results, but this new version does not seem to be able to record the track to disk properly. Grumble... :(

Help me confirm this on my Mac by telling me the steps you followed. Which process did you use to add audio to Spin Doctor? Did you have it mark tracks automatically or manually? Did you adjust the track markers? It may not matter how you did it but I want to start with your process.

I discovered that if you manually adjust track length it works. If you let Spin Doctor do it then adjust that is where the problem occurs.

Good sleuthing. I always set markers manually so that explains why I haven't noticed this. You can submit feedback to Roxio here.

Archived