• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Getting A Slideshow To Play On Both Pc And Dvd Player

Paulr1949

Question

Hi

I am having trouble doing this. I want to distribute a slideshow of photos of a recent play to some of the cast, together with the actual jpgs.

As per the guide, I have created a slideshow in videowave (EMC10) which previews fine. When I save the file to a cd or dvd it will not play on the dvd player (Panasonic DMR EH50), but the jpgs will display. I asusme this will not play mpeg-2 files. How can I persuade the program to create a file which will also play on a dvd player? I must be missing something - probably a simple mistake - but it's driving me crackers!

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Paul

14 answers to this question

How did you burn your VideoWave production to a DVD? That VideoWave file is not a movie file. You need to take your VideoWave production into MyDVD, do whatever you want to do, to the menu, etc., then click on the burn button, and burn it to a DVD.

Thanks Bruce - unfortunately it doesn't say that in the guide, and I'm not very well up with video files! I';ll give it a try. I just hope it's not going to tell me that I can't have anything else on the disk!

Paul

Thanks Bruce - unfortunately it doesn't say that in the guide, and I'm not very well up with video files! I';ll give it a try. I just hope it's not going to tell me that I can't have anything else on the disk!

Paul

Go here http://forums.support.roxio.com/forum/150-how-to-and-usability-questions/ and read some of the Pinned post's, like "Video Workflow Strategy" .

Paul

To burn the production, to a disc, in MyDVD, you have to use a blank DVD.

To burn the production, to a disc, in MyDVD, you have to use a blank DVD.

Can you "not finalise" the disk then when burned? It must be possible somehow to get more than one thing on a DVD - all the cover disks you get on magazines do it!

Paul

Can you "not finalise" the disk then when burned? It must be possible somehow to get more than one thing on a DVD - all the cover disks you get on magazines do it!

Paul

Make your slideshow in VideoWave, send it to MyDVD, and choose DVD project ..

Now do what you want to your slideshow in MyDVD, menu/no menu, whatever you want..

Now go up top to 'File', 'Project Settings' check 'Archive photos' and burn to DVD..

When burned you should get what your looking for!

Your DVD should play on set-top DVD players and contain a folder (YOUR_PHOTOS) with your jpg images inside...

post-97-097262000 1278544170.jpg

post-97-092777100 1278544177.jpg

post-97-076334000 1278545318.jpg

post-97-081900700 1278544184.jpg

post-97-029000000 1278544195.jpg

Paul

Paul, cdanteek is correct about getting your photos on the same DVD. You don't have to finalize the disc, the software automatically does it, but you can't burn, from MyDVD, to a disc that already has something on it.

Now, if you want to get more than one movie on a DVD, if they are not too long, you can do it by "burning" the productions to a Folder Set, in MyDVD, instead of burning directly to a disc.

You then use Video Copy and Convert, another program in the suite, to burn them to a DVD.

Edited by grandpabruce

Paul, cdanteek is correct about getting your photos on the same DVD. You don't have to finalize the disc, the software automatically does it, but you can't burn, from MyDVD, to a disc that already has something on it.

Now, if you want to get more than one movie on a DVD, if they are not too long, you can do it by "burning" the productions to a Folder Set, in MyDVD, instead of burning directly to a disc.

You then use Video Copy and Convert, another program in the suite, to burn them to a DVD.

Thank you both - I will try it later on and see how I get on

Paul

Make your slideshow in VideoWave, send it to MyDVD, and choose DVD project ..

Now do what you want to your slideshow in MyDVD, menu/no menu, whatever you want..

Now go up top to 'File', 'Project Settings' check 'Archive photos' and burn to DVD..

When burned you should get what your looking for!

Your DVD should play on set-top DVD players and contain a folder (YOUR_PHOTOS) with your jpg images inside...

cdanteek

I tried as you suggested but it has not created a "your_photos" folder. See screendump for what it has done. Seeing Bruce's subsequent reply, do I need to do it that way - or is there another setting somewhere which I have missed?

Paul

Roxio folder screendump.doc

cdanteek

I tried as you suggested but it has not created a "your_photos" folder. See screendump for what it has done. Seeing Bruce's subsequent reply, do I need to do it that way - or is there another setting somewhere which I have missed?

Paul

1.Then you didn't follow my directions...

2, Your screendump wordpad doc file, I can't view..

I want to distribute a slideshow of photos of a recent play to some of the cast, together with the actual jpgs.

3. Ask Bruce...

cdanteek

Paul

No, if you are archiving the photos, on the disc, along with your video production, then you do it the way cdanteek said to do it. Your screen dump does not show a "your_photos" folder, as you have stated. Are you sure that you followed cd's instructions?

No, if you are archiving the photos, on the disc, along with your video production, then you do it the way cdanteek said to do it. Your screen dump does not show a "your_photos" folder, as you have stated. Are you sure that you followed cd's instructions?

Yes, I think so.

I already had my slideshow saved in *.dmsm format from Videowave

I imported that into a new project in MyDVD

I set it to no menu

I checked the "archive photos" box in project properties in MyDVD

I then burnt the DVD with the result that I got the Roxio Plasma and Video_TS folders only.

Paul

Yes, I think so.

I already had my slideshow saved in *.dmsm format from Videowave

I imported that into a new project in MyDVD

I set it to no menu

I checked the "archive photos" box in project properties in MyDVD

I then burnt the DVD with the result that I got the Roxio Plasma and Video_TS folders only.

Paul

Cracked it at last. This program really isn't intuitive. I had not "sent" the production to MyDVD, but imported it. There really shouldn't be a difference in what you can do!

Thanks for your help guys

Paul

Cracked it at last. This program really isn't intuitive. I had not "sent" the production to MyDVD, but imported it. There really shouldn't be a difference in what you can do!

Thanks for your help guys

Paul

It's great that you got what you wanted! :D

If you save your VideoWave production, close VideoWave, open MyDVD, bring in your VideoWave production, and do what cdanteek said to do, it should have worked. I am at a loss as to why it did not.

Edited by grandpabruce