• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer - video rotated 180 degrees?

jefferson_j

Question

Recently installed EMC8, and am trying to play a DVD on my computer. Initially I was getting an error stating that overlays were not supported, but this seems to have cleared up since I dropped my display settings to 1024x768x16bitx75Hz according to a support article I found on Roxio's website. However, either way, the video does proceed to display, but it appears to be rotated 180 degrees (or if you prefer, upside-down and backwards).

System is a Dell Precision 650 with an nVidia Quadro FX 500 video card. Video drivers are somewhat recent (got from Dell's support site, not straight from nVidia), and DirectX 9.0c is installed. I've updated EMC8 through the automatic update, but there seems to be a bit of version confusion, Cineplayer says it's v2.3 but windows says it's v2.2 (if I try to forcibly kill the process, as it did hang on me one time). Anything else I can share that might help uncover the problem, I'd be happy to provide. Anyone got any ideas on this one???

Thanks in advance!

1 answer to this question

Recently installed EMC8, and am trying to play a DVD on my computer. Initially I was getting an error stating that overlays were not supported, but this seems to have cleared up since I dropped my display settings to 1024x768x16bitx75Hz according to a support article I found on Roxio's website. However, either way, the video does proceed to display, but it appears to be rotated 180 degrees (or if you prefer, upside-down and backwards).

System is a Dell Precision 650 with an nVidia Quadro FX 500 video card. Video drivers are somewhat recent (got from Dell's support site, not straight from nVidia), and DirectX 9.0c is installed. I've updated EMC8 through the automatic update, but there seems to be a bit of version confusion, Cineplayer says it's v2.3 but windows says it's v2.2 (if I try to forcibly kill the process, as it did hang on me one time). Anything else I can share that might help uncover the problem, I'd be happy to provide. Anyone got any ideas on this one???

Thanks in advance!

I honestly don't know if this will solve your problem. I looked at the Precision 650 at Dell and their FX500 drivers were released on July 26, 2004 (v56.77 A15). The FX500 drivers from nVidia were released April 18, 2006 (v84.26).

I'd try the drivers from nVidia and see how they work.

Lance

Archived