• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc not detected

My Easy Cd & DVD creator software, both Drag to Disk and creator classic, will not burn CD's because it says there is not a disk in the drive. I have tried many different Cd's so I believe I am using valid media. This drive/software has worked flawlessly. I also notice that Windows Explorer takes a long time to display My Computer devices, sometimes not detecting a valid disk in the drive. If I uninstall the Roxio software the explorer is fast and can read the disk fine. I have tried running all of the updates and re-installing many times but it still does not help. I am running Win2000SP4.

My Easy Cd & DVD creator software, both Drag to Disk and creator classic, will not burn CD's because it says there is not a disk in the drive. I have tried many different Cd's so I believe I am using valid media. This drive/software has worked flawlessly. I also notice that Windows Explorer takes a long time to display My Computer devices, sometimes not detecting a valid disk in the drive. If I uninstall the Roxio software the explorer is fast and can read the disk fine. I have tried running all of the updates and re-installing many times but it still does not help. I am running Win2000SP4.

No firsthand experience with W2K…

It would be nice if you listed your PC & Drive specs as well as describing exactly what it is you are try to do and how.

What version number (Help – About) does Classic indicate?

Also, do you have any other burning software installed?

You could try exiting D2D, right click the icon and choose "Exit Drag to Disc". See if this changes Explorer's seek time.

until I get home and can get the specs here is more info:

It was working in the past, no other burning software installed.

I put a blank cd in, choose disk properties(may not be exact name) from d2d menu, it waits a second and then says no disk detected, or if I try to drag a file onto d2d it says to insert a disc.

I did update Microsoft AV, and AIM since the last successful burn, so I have uninstalled them but still no luck.

You say you are putting in a blank disc and not getting anything from D2D.Are you formatting that disc for D2D first?If not you won't be able to write to it.Just a thought.

Actually, formatting the disc for Packet-Writing (Drag2Disc, DirectCD, Nero's InCD, Sonic's DLA, etc) is best for PERMANTLY LOSING data. If you want to lose the data faster, use CD-RW.

If you want to KEEP the data, use a Sessions-based program, such as Classic Creator (or WinXP's built-in burning, which acts like drag&drop but is actually Sessions-based), and CD-R.

Lynn

Archived