byrnedog

Videowave / Photos & Videos/ Pan & Zoom Issue

Question

Good Day Everyone,

I seem to have a problem that I'm unable to find any references to anywhere in these forums. I'm building a project in videowave using short video clips, photos and transitions. All of the photos have a pan and zoom effect applied which works very well. Most of the photos have been shot horizontal and with the effect they look great, however, when a photo that has been shot vertical [black bars to the left and right] the space where the black bars should be is occupied by the previous photo. I tried installing a black panel infront of the vertical shot in the hopes this would eliminate the problem, it did not. Because I'm unable to find anything related to this I don't know what else to try. I hope someone out there can offer me some advice or a solution. Oops, forgot to mention this issue exists when I preview. Thank you for your time and help.

byrnedog

PS: here are a few particulars

EMC9

XP Home - SP3

Intel E8200 Dual Core

Asus P5Q Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 [xp recognizes 3.25 GB]

Asus GeForce EN9600GT Video Card

Edited by byrnedog

6 answers to this question

Good Day Everyone,

I seem to have a problem that I'm unable to find any references to anywhere in these forums. I'm building a project in videowave using short video clips, photos and transitions. All of the photos have a pan and zoom effect applied which works very well. Most of the photos have been shot horizontal and with the effect they look great, however, when a photo that has been shot vertical [black bars to the left and right] the space where the black bars should be is occupied by the previous photo. I tried installing a black panel infront of the vertical shot in the hopes this would eliminate the problem, it did not. Because I'm unable to find anything related to this I don't know what else to try. I hope someone out there can offer me some advice or a solution. Oops, forgot to mention this issue exists when I preview. Thank you for your time and help.

byrnedog

PS: here are a few particulars

EMC9

XP Home - SP3

Intel E8200 Dual Core

Asus P5Q Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 [xp recognizes 3.25 GB]

Asus GeForce EN9600GT Video Card

Update the drivers for that video chip/card. Try Asus first.

Update the drivers for that video chip/card. Try Asus first.

I have the latest update. I made a short program using some photos and rendered it to an mpg2 and the issue continued into the the rendered mpg file. Any other suggestions? Thanks

byrnedog

I have the latest update. I made a short program using some photos and rendered it to an mpg2 and the issue continued into the the rendered mpg file. Any other suggestions? Thanks

byrnedog

Did you ever update to Easy Media Creator 9.1? i'm not sure it is still available or if that would have fixed the problem.

Since EMC 9 is 4 versions (and years) behind the current version, did you ever have this problem before?

What is the date for the driver? Since Asus doesn't have a new one, you might want to try to go to the nVidia site and get a new one from there. Go here. read all the instructionsa and small print. Drivers can be rolled back so it is not like a firmware update.

This sounds like the problem I encountered last October with EMC 2009 after installing latest drivers for Nvidia Gforce. The advice offered was to roll back to the previous driver. This I did and the problem disappeared.

This sounds like the problem I encountered last October with EMC 2009 after installing latest drivers for Nvidia Gforce. The advice offered was to roll back to the previous driver. This I did and the problem disappeared.

Yes, that was a good fix but this OP has posted in Easy Media Creator 9 and says that he has EMC 9. His card/chip hasn't been updated so he is probably using an older driver. Perhaps the newer drive will work for him. I think that NVidia did make a change to fix the issue for their latest drivers. Roxio did recognize the issue in Creator 2010 and issued a service pack. There was no such service patch for Creator 2009 since it was no longer the flagship application.

I was reading about that card and there were several complaints about drivers not working and poor performance of the card. It may not be in this case but one can never know.

We'll just have to wait until he comes back (if he does).

Edited by sknis

Yes, that was a good fix but this OP has posted in Easy Media Creator 9 and says that he has EMC 9. His card/chip hasn't been updated so he is probably using an older driver. Perhaps the newer drive will work for him. I think that NVidia did make a change to fix the issue for their latest drivers. Roxio did recognize the issue in Creator 2010 and issued a service pack. There was no such service patch for Creator 2009 since it was no longer the flagship application.

I was reading about that card and there were several complaints about drivers not working and poor performance of the card. It may not be in this case but one can never know.

We'll just have to wait until he comes back (if he does).

My video card driver update is june 12, 2010 from nVidia, was using EMC9, don't know which ver. it is as it was a gift about 4 years ago and I've just recently tried using it. Have uninstalled it and went back to EMC7, not as functional but at least it works. Thanks to all the forum members who responded.

byrnedog