Audio out of Sync with video

wademade

Question

The audio track is trailing behind the video track on a large, single chapter, dvd.

I have EMC build 7.1.1.189

Used Best video and dolby audio settings.

Everything is OK at the video edit and project building stages, it is only with the burned dvd. Happens both on my PC and TV so I believe it is that way on the disc.

Any help?

Thx

David

10 answers to this question

The audio track is trailing behind the video track on a large, single chapter, dvd.

I have EMC build 7.1.1.189

Used Best video and dolby audio settings.

Everything is OK at the video edit and project building stages, it is only with the burned dvd. Happens both on my PC and TV so I believe it is that way on the disc.

Any help?

Thx

David

In DVD Builder, try burning to an image (ISO) file, instead of burning to disc. Once the ISO file is burned, open Disc Copier, click on the Advanced Settings button, and browse to your ISO file, and burn it to disc.

post-81-1151498992.jpg

Will try ISO image first then the bunches o' chapters approach if that doesn't cut it.

Thanks. I will reply with results Thursday, I hope.

David

Trying just the ISO intermediate file did nothing to solve the problem. I split the 53-minute show into sub 8-minute slices and it worked. That IS the right answer.

Does anyone know if this problem continues with version 8?

David

FWIW, even creating an ISO image before burning to disk didn't solve the problem for me. My workaround is to split long segments in multiple places. I try not to exceed 8 minutes and will split more often at appropriate places as necessary. It's a bit of a hassle but does resync the audio.

Trying just the ISO intermediate file did nothing to solve the problem. I split the 53-minute show into sub 8-minute slices and it worked. That IS the right answer.

Does anyone know if this problem continues with version 8?

David

Congrats! I had version 8 installed for about a week but the capture times were killing me! Version 7.5 is much faster and does everything I need. Can't remember whether I even got as far as completing a production but I think I have heard around these forums that the audio sync problem still exists in V. 8.

Congrats! I had version 8 installed for about a week but the capture times were killing me! Version 7.5 is much faster and does everything I need. Can't remember whether I even got as far as completing a production but I think I have heard around these forums that the audio sync problem still exists in V. 8.

As well as all other software suites out there. I have never had an A/V sync problem, so I must be one of the lucky ones. I too, still use version 7.5.

Guest mlpasley

Thx

David

Could you please tell us how you imported that video and where it came from?

For example, I import from a DV camcorder, using an IEEE 1394 connection, using EMC 7+.

>> Could you please tell us how you imported that video and where it came from?

>> For example, I import from a DV camcorder, using an IEEE 1394 connection, using EMC 7+.

Convoluted capture routine is:

Source is old VHS tape of a 6-hour 1987 PBS series

VCR machine to DVD recorder on TV set (in two hour increments)

Capture from DVD to HDD with EMC 7 capture function

Edit video in VideoWave to clean up start/stop points, 20 year old pledge breaks, and break back into the roughly one-hour segments.

Burn project to DVD with DVD Builder

Everything is in synch up to the burn with DVD builder. there is the issue.

Will try ISO image first then the bunches o' chapters approach if that doesn't cut it.

David

Convoluted capture routine is:

Source is old VHS tape of a 6-hour 1987 PBS series

VCR machine to DVD recorder on TV set (in two hour increments)

Capture from DVD to HDD with EMC 7 capture function

Edit video in VideoWave to clean up start/stop points, 20 year old pledge breaks, and break back into the roughly one-hour segments.

Burn project to DVD with DVD Builder

Everything is in synch up to the burn with DVD builder. there is the issue.

David

Well, then I am convoluted and twisted too!! That is exactly the process that I use to create my DVDs. It took a while to get a routine going but now it's one, two, three, done!

Just to clarify . . . splitting a segment does not create chapters. The splits are seamless and the individual segments containing multiple splits register as one chapter in DVD builder. So for example, three 24 minute productions produce three individual chapters on the DVD. Even after using that approach to sync the audio, I still burn to an ISO file before committing to disk.

Hope that helps and good luck getting into a groove with it.

Guest mlpasley

Maybe an explanation of how the program works will help.

When you create a production in VideoWave, you're working with the original file and an editing file ( VideoWave ). When you preview the production, you're using the original file to play the movie.

When you take the file into DVD Builder, the file is rerendered to a new movie. That process of decoding, then reencoding the video sometimes results in out of sync video.

Some people have found that if they render the file in VideoWave (File\ Output production to.....), the video will stay in sync. The production can be rendered as a DV AVI file (for camcorder) or for DVD Authoring\ Best. Some people find that one works better than the other. Then that file is used in DVD Builder.

The problem is caused because not all mpeg2 files are the same. There is no 'standard' so there are different mpeg2 codecs that are used for decoding and encoding and they don't all work well together. :)

The problem is caused because not all mpeg2 files are the same. There is no 'standard' so there are different mpeg2 codecs that are used for decoding and encoding and they don't all work well together. :)
Ahh, so that's why. Thanks for turning on a light.

Archived