• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Video Signal

stoneyv1

Question

Getting message "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" when trying to copy VHS to DVD. I have white, red composite cords plugged into the "dvd/vcr" audio out and the yellow cord plugged in video out on the DVD/VCR player. The other end of the cords are plugged into the Roxio USB capture. The USB capture is plugged into the computer. THe DVD/VCR player is plugged into an A/C outlet.

When I go to "Record, EDIT and Save" I give the the future recording a name and a time. I put the VHS tape in and press play and the display window keep flashing 'No Video Signal.The 'Record' button is grayed out. What else do I need to do to copy VHS to DVD? I am using WinXP Service Pack 3, HP Pavillion Windows Media Center.

3 answers to this question

Getting message "NO VIDEO SIGNAL" when trying to copy VHS to DVD. I have white, red composite cords plugged into the "dvd/vcr" audio out and the yellow cord plugged in video out on the DVD/VCR player. The other end of the cords are plugged into the Roxio USB capture. The USB capture is plugged into the computer. THe DVD/VCR player is plugged into an A/C outlet.

When I go to "Record, EDIT and Save" I give the the future recording a name and a time. I put the VHS tape in and press play and the display window keep flashing 'No Video Signal.The 'Record' button is grayed out. What else do I need to do to copy VHS to DVD? I am using WinXP Service Pack 3, HP Pavillion Windows Media Center.

Someone else just realized that they had the wires plugged into the input side on their DVD/VCR. Double check. Do not use a front computer USB port or a HUB.

The best way to check the wires are correct is to see if you can get a signal on a TV using those same connections.

It often help is you supply the make and model of the VHS/DVR and some information on your computer (at least model number).

Someone else just realized that they had the wires plugged into the input side on their DVD/VCR. Double check. Do not use a front computer USB port or a HUB.

The best way to check the wires are correct is to see if you can get a signal on a TV using those same connections.

It often help is you supply the make and model of the VHS/DVR and some information on your computer (at least model number).

rechecked the wires, they are plugged into the back of the vhs/dvr player.

Was using a front USB port. Changed to a back USB port, same message.

VHS/DVD Player: Magnavox model 2205

Computer: HP Pavillion a1600n

TV: Samsung T200HD (does not have composite inputs) Has Component HDMI, DVI-D, PC,

Restarted computer.

Video finished and rewound itself.

Display box in ROXIO went blank.

Started record process over again and NOW recording.

See a picture in display box and hear sound.

Your post help resolve this problem.

Thank You