• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Install Interrupted

Ron-R

Question

This topic seems to have strayed from the point that Roxio Creator 2010 will not install because it gives an "interruption" message. I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit which already has DirectX 11 installed but when I attempt to install Roxio Creator 2010 it gets as far as listing DirectX 9 Runtime before giving the interruption message and doing a roll back. Why is it trying to install an older version of DirectX anyway? I have even downloaded the 'clean' version of DirectX as suggested elsewhere - and copied the DVD installation disc to my hard drive in order to bypass any possibly corrupt DirectX but the same message still pops up. It will be interesting to know if anyone has managed to install the program on Vista or Windows 7 - both of which come with DirectX versions 10 or 11.

7 answers to this question

This topic seems to have strayed from the point that Roxio Creator 2010 will not install because it gives an "interruption" message. I am running Vista Home Premium 64bit which already has DirectX 11 installed but when I attempt to install Roxio Creator 2010 it gets as far as listing DirectX 9 Runtime before giving the interruption message and doing a roll back. Why is it trying to install an older version of DirectX anyway? I have even downloaded the 'clean' version of DirectX as suggested elsewhere - and copied the DVD installation disc to my hard drive in order to bypass any possibly corrupt DirectX but the same message still pops up. It will be interesting to know if anyone has managed to install the program on Vista or Windows 7 - both of which come with DirectX versions 10 or 11.

Split for another topic but close.

Those DirectX versions are not the same as DirectX 9c. This porgram uses DirectX 9. Eventually when close to 100% of the people have DirectX 10 or 11, then I suppose Roxio may use those.

There are several posts pinned to the top of the boards. Did you read/try any of those?

Split for another topic but close.

Those DirectX versions are not the same as DirectX 9c. This porgram uses DirectX 9. Eventually when close to 100% of the people have DirectX 10 or 11, then I suppose Roxio may use those.

There are several posts pinned to the top of the boards. Did you read/try any of those?

Thankyou for your response. I have read the previous posts but don't see any solution other than contacting technical support which doesn't seem to find any answers.

The interruption message indicates that the installation program wants to install DirectX 9 but cannot due it in the presence of a later DirectX version. As DirectX is used to manage graphics including the screen display I can't see a way of closing it down while an installation takes place.

Do you know of a Vista or Windows 7 user who has managed to install Roxio Creator 2010 ?

Thankyou for your response. I have read the previous posts but don't see any solution other than contacting technical support which doesn't seem to find any answers.

The interruption message indicates that the installation program wants to install DirectX 9 but cannot due it in the presence of a later DirectX version. As DirectX is used to manage graphics including the screen display I can't see a way of closing it down while an installation takes place.

Do you know of a Vista or Windows 7 user who has managed to install Roxio Creator 2010 ?

I along with many others have installed C2010 on a Vista 64 without any problems

I along with many others have installed C2010 on a Vista 64 without any problems

Thanks. At least that gives me hope that I have just got a corrupt file somewhere on my installation disc.

I am currently negotiating a replacement from ComputerActive and hope that I can join the ranks of successful installers.

You have to keep in mind that DirectX 10 and 11 are NOT updates to DirectX 9 - they are completely different

dotNET framework is the same - there are times when you need all versions of it installed (although the number of apps that require 1 are very few and far between)

I have now received a replacement disc for Roxio Creator 2010 and am relieved to report that it installed straight away. So I obviously followed the right path and the original disc was faulty. Incidentally my computer still reports that DirectX 11 is installed.

I have now received a replacement disc for Roxio Creator 2010 and am relieved to report that it installed straight away. So I obviously followed the right path and the original disc was faulty. Incidentally my computer still reports that DirectX 11 is installed.

DirectX 9 & DirectX 11 are 2 entirely separate API's… They are not truly Versions in that one does not replace the other!

This was already mentioned in post #6.

Happy to see you got it installed!

Archived