VideoWave 8 - Unable to burn DL disc - PLEASE HELP!

hollywoodya

Question

Greetings, all. I, as well, am having difficulty getting any response whatsoever from tech support (surprise), so I've turned to you, the all-knowing.

Here's my deal...

I'm trying to burn a project to DVD, but my Burn button is grayed out. I click Burn, put a blank disc in the drive (it's a large project, so I'm using 8.5 GB Dual Layer DVD-R), select the applicable drive and check the Burn to Disc box, BUT...while it reads the "Capacity of Current Disc" properly, it shows a status of "Drive is Empty". I've tried 3 different brands of blank media, but none of them have worked (single layer discs work out just fine).

Anyone know of a solution?

8 answers to this question

Guest mlpasley
Greetings, all. I, as well, am having difficulty getting any response whatsoever from tech support (surprise), so I've turned to you, the all-knowing.

Here's my deal...

I'm trying to burn a project to DVD, but my Burn button is grayed out. I click Burn, put a blank disc in the drive (it's a large project, so I'm using 8.5 GB Dual Layer DVD-R), select the applicable drive and check the Burn to Disc box, BUT...while it reads the "Capacity of Current Disc" properly, it shows a status of "Drive is Empty". I've tried 3 different brands of blank media, but none of them have worked (single layer discs work out just fine).

Anyone know of a solution?

I think there's a pinned solution at the top of the EMC 8 forum.

You posted this question in the Movie Creator forum.

Thanks very much for the response...greatly appreciated.

I tried two solutions posted, but neither of them worked. It's still reading the amount of space available on the disc accurately, but maintaining the "Drive is empty" status.

What burner do you have and have you updated the firmware for that burner?

it's a large project, so I'm using 8.5 GB Dual Layer DVD-R), select the applicable drive and check the Burn to Disc box, BUT...while it reads the "Capacity of Current Disc" properly, it shows a status of "Drive is Empty". I've tried 3 different brands of blank media, but none of them have worked

3 types of DL media all -R? You could try this to see if it's the software thats broke for DVD DL -R. Take your project and make a ISO for the DL burn. Download Imgburn a free ISO burning tool. Load your project ISO in Imgburn and use the test function at 4X. If it does pass the test then burn it at 4x.

I use Verbatim DL +R they seem to be more compatible, when booktype bitsetting changed to DVD-Rom. For play back in older DVD settop players.

Imgburn supports booktype bitsetting for DL +R media with your Lite-On burner. ( click the open book bottom right )

Current version: 1.3.0.0

Released: 13th April 2006 http://www.imgburn.com/

If this works you know its not other problems.

cdanteek

Archived