• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Trimming And Editing Videos Problem

sarahrenee

Question

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 Special Edition on Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OS.

I am trying to edit some home videos that I made using old VHS tapes. I copied them to DVDs using a DVD recorder on the tv. I was able to use Copy & Convert to copy the videos from the DVDs to my computer, but now I need to trim them because the recorder made them all one long video. I tried using Copy & Convert, but it only takes it about two seconds and when I go to the converted file in the My Movies folder (when it actually makes a file, that is) it says "0 bytes" and won't play anything. So I tried to use VideoWave - Edit Video (Advanced). When I trim the video and click OK, the program just closes completely out or I get a "program has stopped working" error.

I have already installed the Service Pack 2. Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I can try or is it just the software? If I can't get this to work, I'll just have to take it back and find something that will.

Thank you for any help.

1 answer to this question

In Video Wave, go to the top menu bar are select tools, options, then put a dot next to software (rendering). Try again.

Please post your computer specs and especially your video card/chip information. Look in Windows hardware manager for that information or go to Windows -Start- type in dxdiag - clcik Ok - go to the display tab and on the left will be the video device information; on the right will be the driver information. Please psot both.