• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Finished With Errors

imanut

Question

Okay, I put a video together in Videowave and wanted to burn it to a DVD. So I went up to file, and burn to DVD. When I got into DVD Builder, I put my meanue together. When I was done with that I let it burn to a DVD. After about 30 minutes, it said it was finished. When I clicked Finished, a box appeared that said "DVD finished, but with errors."

So I then went to my computer to see that there was nothing on the disk.

So, what is the problem, and what can I do to fix this?

4 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply. I've read alot of these posts, and learned alot from your replies. I'm actually posting this for my son--this time------he's 13, done lots of movies, vcr clips onto dvd, etc. BUT---for some reason nothing is working. I'd read before your post about ISO files. That worked well. We have the 7, the 7.5, even tried the 8.0 versions. Lately we have finished burning, everything looked fine, closed that window, and underneath is a window "finished with errors". When we check the DVD--shows 0 bytes. We've tried uninstalling, re-installing, etc. Nada. Now we tried the Sony recovery discs. I'm just not sure if the complete recovery discs actually reformat the C drive to eliminate all possilbe issues with that. Using the recovery discs--------we rebuilt the C drive. Re-install Roxio-------same crap. The video is off a new Sony video camera, hooked up via USB to the computer. We had to capture using Sony Gigapocket/Explorer software, and then import to Roxco. Again, done this numerous times---but first time with this camera. Even used another camera to capture. Capturing and viewing on the computer---works fine. Couldn't use Roxio to capture as it wouldn't for some reason, pick up the audio. In making the ISO files, as previous forum responses by you indicate that works better------the ISO files "appear" to be okay. Hvaen't tried to figure out how to play them direct from computer to make sure they work okay------but, no error messages showed when finished.

My son really needs to get this project done---------you know, summer pay job from a neighbor who's getting a bit pissed and thinkiing that my son can't do the job-----------but he's done lots of these.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated------------and again, thanks for all the help you've given everyone that posts. Can't imagine how much of your time you give.

And if it'd be easier by phone------------let me know, that can be arranged also.

Gary

Thanks for your reply. I've read alot of these posts, and learned alot from your replies. I'm actually posting this for my son--this time------he's 13, done lots of movies, vcr clips onto dvd, etc. BUT---for some reason nothing is working. I'd read before your post about ISO files. That worked well. We have the 7, the 7.5, even tried the 8.0 versions. Lately we have finished burning, everything looked fine, closed that window, and underneath is a window "finished with errors". When we check the DVD--shows 0 bytes. We've tried uninstalling, re-installing, etc. Nada. Now we tried the Sony recovery discs. I'm just not sure if the complete recovery discs actually reformat the C drive to eliminate all possilbe issues with that. Using the recovery discs--------we rebuilt the C drive. Re-install Roxio-------same crap. The video is off a new Sony video camera, hooked up via USB to the computer. We had to capture using Sony Gigapocket/Explorer software, and then import to Roxco. Again, done this numerous times---but first time with this camera. Even used another camera to capture. Capturing and viewing on the computer---works fine. Couldn't use Roxio to capture as it wouldn't for some reason, pick up the audio. In making the ISO files, as previous forum responses by you indicate that works better------the ISO files "appear" to be okay. Hvaen't tried to figure out how to play them direct from computer to make sure they work okay------but, no error messages showed when finished.

My son really needs to get this project done---------you know, summer pay job from a neighbor who's getting a bit pissed and thinkiing that my son can't do the job-----------but he's done lots of these.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated------------and again, thanks for all the help you've given everyone that posts. Can't imagine how much of your time you give.

And if it'd be easier by phone------------let me know, that can be arranged also.

Gary

I don't know anything about Gigapocket software, but if that Sony video camera has a firewire port on it, get a Sony firewire cable, and connect it from the camera to your computer. You will be able to capture as a .AVI file from your camera. If you are capturing via USB, that could be part of the problem.

Gary

As Bruce has indicated in his post - with EMC you cannot capture from a digital camcorder using USB, EMC requires a firewire connection. If you connect via USB, EMC considers the camcorder as a web camera and only captures the video, no audio.

To play the iso file, you could install the Image Loader to create a virtual DVD drive and then load the iso file into the virtual drive. The virtual drive simulates a DVD player and you can play your iso file as if it were burned to an actual DVD. This is actually a good way to test if your whole production is good before burning to a DVD

Okay, I put a video together in Videowave and wanted to burn it to a DVD. So I went up to file, and burn to DVD. When I got into DVD Builder, I put my meanue together. When I was done with that I let it burn to a DVD. After about 30 minutes, it said it was finished. When I clicked Finished, a box appeared that said "DVD finished, but with errors."

So I then went to my computer to see that there was nothing on the disk.

So, what is the problem, and what can I do to fix this?

Most folks have better luck burning to an image file (ISO) file first, then to a DVD, using Disc Copier. Try that first.

If you are really in MyDVD, then save your production in VideoWave, and close VideoWave, then open MyDVD. Click on Add Movie, and browse for the .dmsm file you made in VideoWave. Make your menu, etc., then click on the burn icon, and uncheck the Burn to Disc box, and put a check in the Burn to image box. The Image to the left, below shows doing this. This is for version 8.

Since you mentioned DVD Builder, if you actually have Version 7 or 7.5, then you don't have to close out of VideoWave. You can click on the burn icon (DVD), and DVD Builder will open. You make your menus etc., then click on burn, and set it up as per the image to the right, below. Make sure you give your ISO file a name and location that you can remember where it is.

Once your ISO is burned in either EMC 8 or EMC 7.X, open Disc Copier, browse for your ISO, and burn to a DVD.

post-81-1151698576.jpg

post-81-1151698837.jpg

Archived