Easy Cd And Dvd Burning (In Red Box) On Win Xp

Hopkdon

Question

This is a very frustrating software package. It took many installs and uninstalls and repairs to get it to "seemingly" install properly. After being convinced that all was well, when I went to launch the Quick DVD tool/program, I got a message saying that the MPEG-2 codec must be loaded and to click OK to continue, for the app to run. When I did that, I got a message saying no permission - bad installation. I tried many things, like running software to clean my registry outand reinstalling, repairing, etc. etc. Can anyone HELP!? The funny thing is, I had this working before, but every time I started the main software I was getting this endless loop trying to install Omni Page. So I uninstalled and reinstalled. Solved the Omni Page problem, but now this. Everything else "seems" to be OK, so far. Thanks!Email me

2 answers to this question

I agree that the program is not user friendly. Mine loaded once & after uninstall, won't load again. You might check my thread under same topic to see what the replies are. I am thinking of trying a 'restore to former date' concept to see if that will, somehow, "trick" the Roxio CD. But I'll wait a day or two to see what others out there think might work.

wyomingscout

Well I thought I was the only one that had trouble installing EASY CD & DVD BURNING software, I'm getting the same error message to activate codec(s) mpeg-2 but everytime I click OK message I get No-permission-Bad Installation, tried the on-line suggestion of disconnecting from internet and activate off-line but got no button to activate off-line. Stumped!!!

Hopfully someone with a better understanding of what's happening will reply