Help? Cannot Capture 8Mm Video

Dave Rich

Question

Need help with video transfer problem from Sony Handycam TRV-108 NTSC to a PC (ZT systems).

Video shows in Creator 2010 program and I can capture (sort of), but the video SHAKES in both the Creator 2010 view and in the captured file (camcorder video screen does not shake).

Same result for either S-video and component connection types.

Same result with another (older) sony handycam.

I am using Sony's video transfer cable, connected to the USB connection & adaptors provided with Creator 2010. Do I need to be using Firewire? IF so, how do I make connections to camera which has only S-video, component connection and pin type connections?

PC Data:

6GB RAM

64 bit operating system

2 processor cores

2123 GB hard disk

ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics w/ 2943 MB memory (total)

DirectX version 10

Thanks inb advance for any help!

Dave

2 answers to this question

Need help with video transfer problem from Sony Handycam TRV-108 NTSC to a PC (ZT systems).

Video shows in Creator 2010 program and I can capture (sort of), but the video SHAKES in both the Creator 2010 view and in the captured file (camcorder video screen does not shake).

Same result for either S-video and component connection types.

Same result with another (older) sony handycam.

I am using Sony's video transfer cable, connected to the USB connection & adaptors provided with Creator 2010. Do I need to be using Firewire? IF so, how do I make connections to camera which has only S-video, component connection and pin type connections?

PC Data:

6GB RAM

64 bit operating system

2 processor cores

2123 GB hard disk

ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics w/ 2943 MB memory (total)

DirectX version 10

Thanks inb advance for any help!

Dave

Yes but which OS? Update the drivers for that graphics device from the ATI site. I think this is the right one but double check.

Edited by sknis