• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Being Told Not A Valid Win32 Application

jevans14

Question

10 answers to this question

When I try and install Roxio Creator 2010 I am told it is not a valid Win32 application. I am running Win XP SP3. Plenty of horsepower in computer. Any suggestions?

Disc or download? If download, the download may be corrupt; if disc, the disc may be damaged. Copy the disc to a folder on your hard drive and install from there.

Edited by sknis

Thanks for the quick answer. The medium was download and I am re-downloading as I type so I'll know in a couple of hours. This thing D/L's really slow. At any rate I have one more question- when I went through buying the package I was offered two executables to download- Roxio Creator 2010 ESD and Roxio Creator 2010 Content both of which are executable files and both are roughly the same size. Do I download both, if not which one? Which one to install first if I need to download both. Either I missed something or it isn't explained very well. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the quick answer. The medium was download and I am re-downloading as I type so I'll know in a couple of hours. This thing D/L's really slow. At any rate I have one more question- when I went through buying the package I was offered two executables to download- Roxio Creator 2010 ESD and Roxio Creator 2010 Content both of which are executable files and both are roughly the same size. Do I download both, if not which one? Which one to install first if I need to download both. Either I missed something or it isn't explained very well. Thanks for the help.

You need to dowload both since the Contents will contains extra transitions, effects, etc. The ESD is installed first. The download for took about an hour which is not bad considering the size of the files.

when you get the full download, open it with winrar or winzip and extract the contents to a folder (one for each download). They're self-extracting archives.

If they fail to open, they're corrupt.

Once you have them extracted, run setup.exe and your fist job will be to burn both sets of files to a disc (that way you have a backup copy)

You need to dowload both since the Contents will contains extra transitions, effects, etc. The ESD is installed first. The download for took about an hour which is not bad considering the size of the files.

Upon reviewing the screen to download I have misstated what I am confused about. There is a line that says Roxio 2010 ESD out to the side Qty 1, right below that is a Begin Download, below that is Roxio Creator 2010, Begin Download, and below that Roxio Creator 2010, below that is the Serial number of the product. When I click on the first Download button it started to download RoxioCreator2010Content..........exe, when I click n the second Download it started to download RoxioCreator2010.......exe. There isn't an ESD file just one called RoxioCreator2010Content and RoxioCreator2010. So I assume the answer is to install the Content one first. So is that right?

Upon reviewing the screen to download I have misstated what I am confused about. There is a line that says Roxio 2010 ESD out to the side Qty 1, right below that is a Begin Download, below that is Roxio Creator 2010, Begin Download, and below that Roxio Creator 2010, below that is the Serial number of the product. When I click on the first Download button it started to download RoxioCreator2010Content..........exe, when I click n the second Download it started to download RoxioCreator2010.......exe. There isn't an ESD file just one called RoxioCreator2010Content and RoxioCreator2010. So I assume the answer is to install the Content one first. So is that right?

I have no idea what you are describing.

You should download both packages.

You have to install RoxioCreator2010 first, the content (not being 100% necessary but very, very usefull) is installed afterwards.

'ESD' is the download package (Electronic Software Distribution)

It would appear all is well. The files weren't exactly corrupt they were simply incomplete. After the first download attempt the files sizes were in the mid 700 MB, after I re-downloaded them they were right around 1 GB. Just a little off :lol: When I tried to install after I got the full files they installed as expected. Thanks for the help and replies.

It would appear all is well. The files weren't exactly corrupt they were simply incomplete. After the first download attempt the files sizes were in the mid 700 MB, after I re-downloaded them they were right around 1 GB. Just a little off :lol: When I tried to install after I got the full files they installed as expected. Thanks for the help and replies.

Corrupt - incomplete same issue and same solution ! :o