I Cannot Uninstall Roxio Creator 2010

ngc1967

Question

I was getting the error about the 'certificate file missing or corrupt'

I tried the Roxio fix but that didn't work so I followed the instructions to do a complete uninstall so that I could re-install Roxio again.

It would not let me uninstall under the 'Control Panel - Programs and Features - Uninstall' as it could not find the certificate again but I carried on and deleted the files from the Program Data and Program Files as well as removing the references to Sonic and Roxio in the Registry.

I have rebooted and I can't install Roxio Creator 2010 at all.

I get to a screen that says 'Repair' and 'Remove'. When I click on 'Repair' it says that it has succsessfully re-installed all the components in literally 1 second (it has not re-installed it at all). When I click on 'Remove' it says it cannot due to errors and Do I want to search online for a solution at which it closes.

That is as far as I can go now with Roxio.

Is there anything I can do to make it recognise Roxio to re-install it or do I have to delete anything else manually?

I am running Vista 32bit

Regards,

ngc1967

2 answers to this question

An Update.

I used a previous version of Roxio 7 that I had. It seemed to put back some of the program data and program files to an extent that 'RevoUnistaller' (which I read in another post) was able to detect Roxio 2010 and unistall it.

I then re-installed it and so far it is now working.

Regards,

ngc1967

Edited by ngc1967

An Update.

I used a previous version of Roxio 7 that I had. It seemed to put back some of the program data and program files to an extent that 'RevoUnistaller' (which I read in another post) was able to detect Roxio 2010 and unistall it.

I then re-installed it and so far it is now working.

Regards,

ngc1967

Great ! That is a handy little program if you don't abuse it. :P