• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Cd Creator 6 Not Recognizing Drives

Long story long, I got my PC when ECC 6 was the current version. A while back I had to do a restore on my pc and after that I have had issues with using ECC 6. First it was pulling data from files (when I had my pair of old Lite On drives)--now it doesn't like my drives(2 new Pioneer ones).

Now I have replaced both drives in my pc with 2 Pioneers model dvr-a18m. I did a repair install from add/remove programs and it ran ok. Now though, when I get ready to burn a cd to test out the software install/repair it says I don't have a blank disc and is only recognizing one of my drives. I had the suite run a test on the drives and in that mode it will show both able to work so...

Any idea why it is saying insert blank disc and only recognizing one of my drives? Both drives can burn and play so...

Ohhh

Windows XP

3GB of ram

Athlon processor

Asus m4a785-m mobo

For what it is worth, my Nero I also use is having no issues using either drive... just Roxio.

I prefer burning my music cds in Creator Classic.

Edited by purplebeard

Long story long, I got my PC when ECC 6 was the current version. A while back I had to do a restore on my pc and after that I have had issues with using ECC 6. First it was pulling data from files (when I had my pair of old Lite On drives)--now it doesn't like my drives(2 new Pioneer ones).

Now I have replaced both drives in my pc with 2 Pioneers model dvr-a18m. I did a repair install from add/remove programs and it ran ok. Now though, when I get ready to burn a cd to test out the software install/repair it says I don't have a blank disc and is only recognizing one of my drives. I had the suite run a test on the drives and in that mode it will show both able to work so...

Any idea why it is saying insert blank disc and only recognizing one of my drives? Both drives can burn and play so...

Ohhh

Windows XP

3GB of ram

Athlon processor

Asus m4a785-m mobo

For what it is worth, my Nero I also use is having no issues using either drive... just Roxio.

I prefer burning my music cds in Creator Classic.

Try post #2 in this thread http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/57855-disc-copier-in-roxio-easy-cd-dvd-creator-60/page__p__297984#entry297984

Hello,

Reading discs with drives is done by Windows, writing is done by Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 after the drives are 'recognized' by the program.

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 used a look-up table of drives to get the parameters needed to do a proper burn on each of the 2200 or so drives that it recognized. Your new Pioneers aren't on the look-up table so they are not 'recognized' by the program [i.e. matched to an entry on the table].

I used to construct registry edits to deceive Easy Media Creator 3, 4, and 5 into recognizing newer drives but in version 6 they encrypted the look-up tables to prevent that so I regret I can't do it for your new DVR-A18M drives.

You've moved on with your hardware, so it's time to move on with your software to match it, I'm sorry.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

Reading discs with drives is done by Windows, writing is done by Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 after the drives are 'recognized' by the program.

Easy CD and DVD Creator 6 used a look-up table of drives to get the parameters needed to do a proper burn on each of the 2200 or so drives that it recognized. Your new Pioneers aren't on the look-up table so they are not 'recognized' by the program [i.e. matched to an entry on the table].

I used to construct registry edits to deceive Easy Media Creator 3, 4, and 5 into recognizing newer drives but in version 6 they encrypted the look-up tables to prevent that so I regret I can't do it for your new DVR-A18M drives.

You've moved on with your hardware, so it's time to move on with your software to match it, I'm sorry.

Regards,

Brendon

How did I know this would be the answer... :(

Ok though... I got a coupon to use at Best Buy to get a new version.