Toasted Dvd - Won't Play In Dvd Player

EKKsoldier622

Question

I'm trying to burn a custom DVD using the DVD-Video burning feature and when I finished the process on my first Toasted DVD an hour or so later I discovered that my newly created DVD would not play in my Blu-Ray DVD player, but would play perfectly fine in my Mac. I left every setting default except one that would eject the disc when it was finished.

Before using Toast I used iDVD and using the same media discs they worked just fine on my DVD player.

What could I have messed up on?

(I apologize if this has already been answered, but I tried searching several websites, but to no avail)

Thanks,

6 answers to this question

So after 7+ hours of encoding and another 6min or so into "lead in" time, I got this error and the disc was almost immediately ejected.

Screenshot2010-08-04at63619PM.png

Fortunately, I took the disc and threw it in my player and it's playing fine (so far)

Thanks Again!

So apparently I spoke too soon. About 15 min into the video the disc freezes on a frame and as they say, 'thats all she wrote'

The NTSC option obviously worked but now I must overcome this hardware error (hardware error on a Macbook Pro that's no older than 2 months is kinda weird)

Edited by EKKsoldier622

So after 7+ hours of encoding and another 6min or so into "lead in" time, I got this error and the disc was almost immediately ejected.

[Fortunately, I took the disc and threw it in my player and it's playing fine (so far)

Thanks Again!

So apparently I spoke too soon. About 15 min into the video the disc freezes on a frame and as they say, 'thats all she wrote'

The NTSC option obviously worked but now I must overcome this hardware error (hardware error on a Macbook Pro that's no older than 2 months is kinda weird)

The hardware error may have been a defect with that specific disc. I suggest choosing Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the burn button. When the disc image is done select it using the Image File setting in the Copy window and then burn the disc. This way it is easy to try again if an error happens during the disc-burning stage.

I changed the movie and changed the disc being used (same batch of discs though) and using the process you described it worked. I'm watching an early 90's film so it's hard for me to tell if any quality was lost, but the sound is in sync and so far this dvd works (fingers-crossed).

Thanks for your help!!