• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot Open Previously Saved Files

Question

9 answers to this question

When I try to open previously saved files in VideoWave I receive message "cannot find required files"

What do you mean by previously saved files? Are you talking about project files? What kind of project are you

working on? Audio, video, data?

If a video project, then did you move any of the files used in your project to a different location?

Like daithi said , you have given very little information to work with

I imported video recorded from TV into VideoWave. Edited and then saved edited file in VideoWave format. When I tried to reopen file to send to MyDVD to record, received message that "Cannot find required files"

What did you do with the original video file that you had recorded from TV? Is it still on your hard drive?

I still have the original recorded TV on my hard drive. In the past I was able to open the file saved from VideoWave for additional editing and this is no longer possible.

When you say you are trying to "open the file saved from Videowave" are you talking about the VW project file, it has the extension dmsm. If yes then the original recorded video file is no longer in the location that it was when you created the project file. Have tried to reconnect to the file using the Locate option?

I record TV on my hard drive and import the files into VideoWave for editing. I don't always have time to complete my editing and save the project as a DMSM file. In the past I have been able to open the project file to continue my editing. I have not had any problem doing this until now where I am unable to open some of these files.

I record TV on my hard drive and import the files into VideoWave for editing. I don't always have time to complete my editing and save the project as a DMSM file. In the past I have been able to open the project file to continue my editing. I have not had any problem doing this until now where I am unable to open some of these files.

If in the past you were able to open dmsm files then what did you do to your system that it no longer works.

I keep asking you if the original source files are still in their original location when you created the dmsm file but you just seem to ignore that question.

Edited by myguggi