• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Runaround?

nobull56

Question

I'm new to this form & products.

I installed a few days ago & have not been able to get 'easy VHS to DVD' to start up.

I have went through all the self-help stuff, re-install; new drivers; making sure all my updates are current.

I have been on the 'live chat' twice now & they have walked me to fixes that require a re-boot, saying I can get back to the chat after the reboot. Each time (first time was left with 'system config' startup disabled. secound time I got a new person & had to start all over & left with a re-install of Net Framework 3.5 SP1)I've been left in 'Left Feild'.

This would not be so bad if the dam program would work!!

Other then finding another vender, GOT ANY IDEAS????

Thanks

Nobull56

Edited by nobull56

I'm new to this form & products.

I installed a few days ago & have not been able to get 'easy VHS to DVD' to start up.

I have went through all the self-help stuff, re-install; new drivers; making sure all my updates are current.

I have been on the 'live chat' twice now & they have walked me to fixes that require a re-boot, saying I can get back to the chat after the reboot. Each time (first time was left with 'system config' startup disabled. secound time I got a new person & had to start all over & left with a re-install of Net Framework 3.5 SP1)I've been left in 'Left Feild'.

This would not be so bad if the dam program would work!!

Other then finding another vender, GOT ANY IDEAS????

Thanks

Nobull56

First of all give some details.

What version do you have? Read the first pinned post at the top of this forum.

What are your system specs?

Perhaps some details on what is actually happening might help.

The tag on the box says 'Rev C'. with out opening the program I do not see any other version.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled twice. I have done all of the 'self-help' steps; updated drivers for all my hardware; made sure all the program (OS= windows XP pro SE) updates & fixes are up to date; Per 'roxio' no-help person, disabled all startup in msconfig (had to get help from a freind to put them back); Uninstalled & reinstalled .Net Framework 3.5 SP1; then got e-mail to do it all over again.

Hope that helps

The tag on the box says 'Rev C'. with out opening the program I do not see any other version.

I have uninstalled & reinstalled twice. I have done all of the 'self-help' steps; updated drivers for all my hardware; made sure all the program (OS= windows XP pro SE) updates & fixes are up to date; Per 'roxio' no-help person, disabled all startup in msconfig (had to get help from a freind to put them back); Uninstalled & reinstalled .Net Framework 3.5 SP1; then got e-mail to do it all over again.

Hope that helps

Actually no, it does not help. You really have not told us very much. You have repeated mostly what was in your first post.

I can understand that you can't give us the version number since you can't start the program. But you should be able to give us your computer specs.

Have you followed the install instractions as outlined in cdanteeks 2nd pinned post above?

Ok I'll try on info has Roxio help is starting all over AGAIN.

My PC is a:

Antec Tower w/ upgraded power suply

Pentium 4 2.00 GHZ

1.5 gig ram

500 gig Hard drive

With

ALL-IN-WONDER Radron 9200 media card (newest drivers installed)

Two CD/DVD R/RW 1) LG (newest drivers installed) 2)Pioneer (newest drivers installed)

one genaric A: drive

one USB II card w/four hub

Running:

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 (newest updates installed)

Let me know if you need any more info on my box.

Yes I have read the pined post and it did not enable me to find the version.

I have now uninstalled again (#3), disabled 'msconfig' startup. Copyed disk to desk top, reinstalled. still no-go.

I have ran some complex installs before (Wifes PC 'Vista' to wiodows &) (all versions of 'Office' up to 2007) but this one is driving me nuts! Roxio's help keeps on rerunning the same fixes with nothing changing.

With the install disk on my desktop can't I do property on the corect file to find the version?

My previous posts have disappeared. In them, I commented that over 50% of the 157 comments on Amazon about this product were negative, with a rating of one "star". The review on this site sums up the problems that the reviewer had with getting the software to work, and may help you since they describe what they had to do. I wonder how long this post will last. http://vhs-to-dvd-converters-review.toptenreviews.com/roxio-easy-vhs-to-dvd-review.html It should be noted that the reviewer liked the product once it started working. However, the censors at Roxio, apparently didn't bother to read much of the post.

Edited by ljpljpljp

My previous posts have disappeared. In them, I commented that over 50% of the 157 comments on Amazon about this product were negative, with a rating of one "star". The review on this site sums up the problems that the reviewer had with getting the software to work, and may help you since they describe what they had to do. I wonder how long this post will last. http://vhs-to-dvd-converters-review.toptenreviews.com/roxio-easy-vhs-to-dvd-review.html It should be noted that the reviewer liked the product once it started working. However, the censors at Roxio, apparently didn't bother to read much of the post.

Nothing Disappeared! Your posts offer no contribution and were separated and moved Here.

Further discussions may take place there, but please, not in active threads...

Nothing Disappeared! Your posts offer no contribution and were separated and moved Here.

With the other guys post answered, How about my issue?

Roxio has not answered my trouble ticket update & I've answered this posted questions.

It does seem like this is a very common problem & this is the same boxed V2D as in Walmart today(just checked, as I wanted to make sure I didn't have a old version Walmart box=Rev A. mine= Rev C).

With the other guys post answered, How about my issue?

Roxio has not answered my trouble ticket update & I've answered this posted questions.

It does seem like this is a very common problem & this is the same boxed V2D as in Walmart today(just checked, as I wanted to make sure I didn't have a old version Walmart box=Rev A. mine= Rev C).

For an Install problem on a new purchase, you would be entitled to Phone Support.

None of the regulars here have had any trouble with the 201B Version install so we don’t really have any experience to pass along.

I would give them a call and see what can be done.

I think I may know the answer to this one

I, too, couldn't get it started. I have Windows 7, shouldn't matter - it is compatable... however, at first I just got a blank screen, no video. I found someone's advice on the internet and it worked.

Try this:

Go to control panel - device manager - then expand the IEEE Bus

Right click on it, and choose "Update Driver"... choose that you want to browse your computer... and then "let me pick from a list of device drivers" -- once you do that you should see a host controller that has "Legacy" next to this -- choose this, and then after I rebooted it worked.

I have a separate issue now which is shaky video but I will post this in another thread

For an Install problem on a new purchase, you would be entitled to Phone Support.

None of the regulars here have had any trouble with the 201B Version install so we don’t really have any experience to pass along.

I would give them a call and see what can be done.

Thanks, I tryed that $1.98 per minute & I'm not going to pay for the type of help I've goten from them so far! They have my phone number & even maga co. like MS respound much better the Roxio has (& that is about as bad a service I can think of).

Thanks to the other new-bee but I could not follow your directions. Did you mean: Rt clk My computer- System Prop- Hardware tab/Div Manager?

Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, then in the list you should see something called "IEE", expand that, you'll likely only see one thing under that heading.

Right click on it and choose "Upgrade" -- it's gonna ask you if you want to search the internet or not, don't... say you want to choose where to find the dirvers yourself. Then it will bring you a page where you can enter a path for the drivers, OR you can pick from a list of device drivers.

Don't put anything in the path and choose the 2nd option where you look for device drivers. Then you will be at the last final screen, if the box isn't ticked off that says "show compat. hardware", check it.

Then you should see a couple of different Host Controllers to choose from, one says "Legacy"... just click on it, and hit next and you're done.

For one, I offered a contribution via a link to a review that entailed how some other people were able to resolve the apparent chronic problem of installing the Roxio VHS to DVD software. I also made note that aside from the installation problem, this particular link gave it a good review.

For one, I offered a contribution via a link to a review that entailed how some other people were able to resolve the apparent chronic problem of installing the Roxio VHS to DVD software. I also made note that aside from the installation problem, this particular link gave it a good review.

The OP has XP.

The Screen Caps in your link are Win7.

The differences during install are vast!

Also keep in mind that there are 3 Versions of V2D and that each has some unique characteristics coupled with differences in how the OS handles install. And we keep comming back to the issue that you do not even have the product yet are trying to dispense advice on it based on your limited reading???

Well this is awesome!!! Lots of cross arguing on my thread and not much help!

If you folks don’t work for Roxio, you should apply for jobs with them, as you are operating EXACTLY like their help desk!

For anyone that wants the info, Runaround Roxio now wants me to un-install (number 4 or 5) there v2d AND this time create a new user before DOING EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN!!!

Some were I heard that doing the same thing over & over again and expecting the results to be different IS A SIGN OF INSANITY!!!

Tryed to edit my post to a smaller size did not work so here it is in regular

If you folks don't work for Roxio, you should apply for jobs with them, as you are operating EXACTLY like their help desk!

For anyone that wants the info, Runaround Roxio now wants me to un-install (number 4 or 5) there v2d AND this time create a new user before DOING EVERYTHING OVER AGAIN!!!

Some were I heard that doing the same thing over & over again and expecting the results to be different IS A SIGN OF INSANITY!!!

Edited by myguggi
nobull56 wanter a smaller font size

If you folks don’t work for Roxio, you should apply for jobs with them, as you are operating EXACTLY like their help desk!

Tryed to edit my post to a smaller size did not work so here it is in regular

If you folks don't work for Roxio, you should apply for jobs with them, as you are operating EXACTLY like their help desk!

The Clean Uninstall and reinstall under a New Account is pretty common fair… Nothing insane there at all.

I would go one more step and copy the entire contents of your V2D Disc onto your HDD and run Setup.exe from there. (you can delete it later)

To do that, you have to know how to set extensions to visible and un-hide Hidden & System files.

Are you in a position to call and talk to a Tech? Sure beats a keyboard every time :lol:

The OP has XP.

The Screen Caps in your link are Win7.

The differences during install are vast!

Also keep in mind that there are 3 Versions of V2D and that each has some unique characteristics coupled with differences in how the OS handles install. And we keep comming back to the issue that you do not even have the product yet are trying to dispense advice on it based on your limited reading???

I am not dispensing advice. I am supplying information via links and referrals to reviews of the product. When will software manufacturers figure out that it is best to come up with one version that is easy to install, and thus works?

Edited by ljpljpljp

Thanks for the reply.

The last install was Copy whole disk to hard drive (desk top) then reinstall.

What is insane is all the times the 'FIX' is un-install then reinstall 'after doing the long list of THE same things'.

The only differance this time was to make sure that 'admin' privlages for a new user.

At this point I have to wonder why so many folks have problems installing v2d?

Thanks for the reply.

The last install was Copy whole disk to hard drive (desk top) then reinstall.

What is insane is all the times the 'FIX' is un-install then reinstall 'after doing the long list of THE same things'.

The only differance this time was to make sure that 'admin' privlages for a new user.

At this point I have to wonder why so many folks have problems installing v2d?

No 'admin' privileges' for the install account, running programs like anti virus and firewall during the install, poor PC maintenance like a fragmented hard drive....

Still wonder why?

No 'admin' privileges' for the install account, running programs like anti virus and firewall during the install, poor PC maintenance like a fragmented hard drive....

Still wonder why?

Yes I do wonder. Each of your issues does NOT fit my PC. This was not the first box I've built & its HD is less than three months old & is defragmented after each large un-install (v2d is big for a one disk program 1.81 GB) so yes it has been cleaned up, more than once! Firewalls have been off EACH time & only a guest (I was only user until I made a Roxio Runaround user with admin) that does NOT have admin on my PC.

NO ONE has answered what file has the version info in it (this could be found w/explore) (so that 'patch' information for the version & download for the correct fix could be tried)

I did not want to give up, that’s why I've been wasting everyone’s time trying to fix a product I paid good money for! I went to the store today and they gave me a copy of my receipt (thank God for store computers!). This program was $49.49 of a $328.01 software purchase ($119.99 was the largest, windows 7 for wife’s PC) so I think I have an average or better idea of what it takes.

With some of the other things I tried the ‘Capture Device’ should have picked up the output of at least audio & made it available to other programs. No Go

Yes I do wonder. Each of your issues does NOT fit my PC. This was not the first box I've built & its HD is less than three months old & is defragmented after each large un-install (v2d is big for a one disk program 1.81 GB) so yes it has been cleaned up, more than once! Firewalls have been off EACH time & only a guest (I was only user until I made a Roxio Runaround user with admin) that does NOT have admin on my PC.

NO ONE has answered what file has the version info in it (this could be found w/explore) (so that 'patch' information for the version & download for the correct fix could be tried)

I did not want to give up, that’s why I've been wasting everyone’s time trying to fix a product I paid good money for! I went to the store today and they gave me a copy of my receipt (thank God for store computers!). This program was $49.49 of a $328.01 software purchase ($119.99 was the largest, windows 7 for wife’s PC) so I think I have an average or better idea of what it takes.

With some of the other things I tried the ‘Capture Device’ should have picked up the output of at least audio & made it available to other programs. No Go

bull: You did not waste anyone's time, we are glad to assist you. The procedures you were to follow have a definite reason! Video is some of the most complex collection of programs you will ever install!

In any case, I am sorry it has not worked out for you and I have to complement your patience in this frustrating matter ;)

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow I'm going to scan the receipt & see what they do then.

I wish I could say it's been fun!!!

One of the others wanted me to ask you to confirm that you had DirectX 9.0c installed??? From the Run Command type dxdiag to check that.

Actually the device seldom works with any other software beyond Roxio's… HOWEVER, you have XP and it can be tested in XP's MS Movie Maker…

We suggest that as a test of the Driver install but you never got that far so it didn't seem important :rolleyes:

If your store will not refund or at least give you a store credit, and you want to pursue this farther, let us know!

Jim Thanks again. Yes I have DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) with no problems found in diagnostic tool tabs & tests.

I read all the post in the v2d forum (at least all back a few pages) & tried all the fixes I thought might work. One said that they could open with MS Movie Maker tried it- no go. Everything I could think of trying, no go. My sister was head of IT for University of Maryland until she move to the state of Misery; she spent a couple of hours trying & you do not want to know what she had to say about v2d/ my re-doing the help fixes (the nicest was that the ‘Ticket Help’ was using a script & did not know what they were doing).

I’ve updated the only ticket I have left & attached a scan of the receipt, also my information for the refund again as they cannot read the whole ticket (you can read where they ask me questions that were answered one or two updates before).

I will keep feeding this thread until resolution!

If we ever get there I’ll throw you a party!!!

My PC is a:

Antec Tower w/ upgraded power suply

Pentium 4 2.00 GHZ

1.5 gig ram

500 gig Hard drive

With

ALL-IN-WONDER Radron 9200 media card (newest drivers installed)

Two CD/DVD R/RW 1) LG (newest drivers installed) 2)Pioneer (newest drivers installed)

one genaric A: drive

one USB II card w/four hub

Running:

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 (newest updates installed)

Minimum System Requirements:

DirectX 9 compatible graphics card or higher, sound card, DVD-ROM drive

http://www.roxio.com...quirements.html

Only information I can find about your (ALL-IN-WONDER Radron 9200 media card)

It is a DirectX 8.1 graphics card...

How old is your Radeon 9200 video card?

The last driver issued for this card is 2006..

post-97-053689200 1281711661.jpg

Thanks CD for trying; in my post above yours I said "Yes I have DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) with no problems found in diagnostic tool tabs & tests". so I think that is taken care of.

Just to keep everyone updated Roxio Runaround is now trying to close the help ticket after saying they will contact me when they have aproval to refund. NO CONTACT= NO REFUND

Edited by nobull56