Cannot Burn Blu Ray From Hd Video Camera

sln

Question

I purchased a video recorder and filmed my friend wedding in hd. This has been a nightmare to burn. I purchased roxio toast and i still cannot burn the video. It took 8 hours to encode an 18 minute video and in the end said it could not read it. I thought this was suppose to be an easy program. Can anyone help me!!!

Frustrated

3 answers to this question

I purchased a video recorder and filmed my friend wedding in hd. This has been a nightmare to burn. I purchased roxio toast and i still cannot burn the video. It took 8 hours to encode an 18 minute video and in the end said it could not read it. I thought this was suppose to be an easy program. Can anyone help me!!!

Frustrated

Encoding HD video takes a very long time and depends on your computer. Please post your computer specs including the name of the blu-ray burner you have. Did you get any warnings about working with HD video on your computer?

Do you have the Toast 10 PRO or do you have the HD plug in?

What do you mean by video recorder? Do you mean camcorder? What make and model? What format video does it record to?

Is this a new installation of Toast 10 or have you been using it for awhile?

Please tell us how you went about getting the video onto your computer, and how you tried to encode the video. Are you indeed planning to burn the video to a blu-ray disc?

Just in case, try encoding it to a standard definition video file just to see if there is something about the high definition output or if it is in the programs itself (or something else).

Edited by sknis

Encoding HD video takes a very long time and depends on your computer. Please post your computer specs including the name of the blu-ray burner you have. Did you get any warnings about working with HD video on your computer?

What do you mean by video recorder? Do you mean camcorder? What make and model? What format video does it record to?

Please tell us how you went about getting the video onto your computer, and how you tried to encode the video. Are you indeed planning to burn the video to a blu-ray disc?

Just in case, try encoding it to a standard definition video file just to see if there is something about the high definition output or if it is in the programs itself (or something else).

First of all thank you for replying! I'm new at this (as you can tell)

I do not have the toast 10 pro, just the toast 10 titanium. I received it yesterday and downloaded it by disc.

My computer specs: Mac 0S Version 10.5.8

I have a Samsung full hd 1080 pix video camcorder. Model number S10 H200 Purchased 2 weeks ago

I dragged my video from the camcorder icon to my hard drive then onto toast where it went immediately into blu ray section

I am planning on putting it onto a blu ray disc since the sd disc will take up too much space and discs (if i'm right)

I was able to place it on a sd but of course only a small portion of the video was burnt. I have a double sided dvd but it would not accept it. I also read it would not. So I thought I'm just going to burn to a BD-R, but it keeps ejecting the disc. I did encode it but after about 8 hours I can't remember the exact words but it could not read it.

Question: Do I have to encode everything I burn from HD video?

I also purchased blue ray plug in (which I thought would solve my problem but did'nt)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

SLN

I do not have the toast 10 pro, just the toast 10 titanium. I received it yesterday and downloaded it by disc.

I have a Samsung full hd 1080 pix video camcorder. Model number S10 H200 Purchased 2 weeks ago

I dragged my video from the camcorder icon to my hard drive then onto toast where it went immediately into blu ray section

I am planning on putting it onto a blu ray disc since the sd disc will take up too much space and discs (if i'm right)

I was able to place it on a sd but of course only a small portion of the video was burnt. I have a double sided dvd but it would not accept it. I also read it would not. So I thought I'm just going to burn to a BD-R, but it keeps ejecting the disc. I did encode it but after about 8 hours I can't remember the exact words but it could not read it.

I also purchased blue ray plug in (which I thought would solve my problem but did'nt)

What am I doing wrong?

Also, the blu ray burner is Matshita DVD-R UJ-867

Thanks,

SLN

I did answer the questions but maybe I posted it wrong! sorry!

sln, on 07 August 2010 - 08:03 AM, said:

What am I doing wrong?

Also, the blu ray burner is Matshita DVD-R UJ-867

Thanks,

SLN