• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Code O4C7

ka619

Question

I have been trying to install Roxio 2010 Pro for three weeks now. I have followed all the steps, some several times. With my first install attempt, the green bar went about 3/4 of the way, then started backing up. I've updated, de-fragged, clean installed ... all the steps. My problem now is that I cannot UN-install one of the previous 2010 versions. Shortly after I start to uninstall, I get this message: "Setup encountered an error during installation. Error Code: O4C7." I was given instructions to remove 2009, but not 2010. Should I remove every file with Roxio or Sonic in the name? Some of them were not listed in the instructions sent with my help ticket.

I also cannot install. When I put disk 1 in, I am only given the option to repair or remove.

The first problem was with the certificate (by the way, what "certificate" are they talking about?). Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ka619

8 answers to this question

I have been trying to install Roxio 2010 Pro for three weeks now. I have followed all the steps, some several times. With my first install attempt, the green bar went about 3/4 of the way, then started backing up. I've updated, de-fragged, clean installed ... all the steps. My problem now is that I cannot UN-install one of the previous 2010 versions. Shortly after I start to uninstall, I get this message: "Setup encountered an error during installation. Error Code: O4C7." I was given instructions to remove 2009, but not 2010. Should I remove every file with Roxio or Sonic in the name? Some of them were not listed in the instructions sent with my help ticket.

I also cannot install. When I put disk 1 in, I am only given the option to repair or remove.

The first problem was with the certificate (by the way, what "certificate" are they talking about?). Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

What Operating System are you using? If W7, then Creator 2009 is not compatible with it.

Re: Certificate file. It is part of the program that says it is OK to run the program.

If you only want Creator 2010, use Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Modeto remove both programs. Sometimes they become intertwined and removal of one will screw up the other. That is why you should uninstall both.

Several people have used Revo successfully but it is no guarantee. If you have tried the full uninstall, then you have little to lose.

Just in case, copy the Creator 2010 disc to a folder on your computer and install from there AFTER you have prepared your computer like this. That should solve any issues with a bad disc or with your computer reading the disc. Of course if it is bad enough, you won't be able to do this.

Edited by sknis

What Operating System are you using? If W7, then Creator 2009 is not compatible with it.

Re: Certificate file. It is part of the program that says it is OK to run the program.

If you only want Creator 2010, use Revo Uninstaller in the Moderate Modeto remove both programs. Sometimes they become intertwined and removal of one will screw up the other. That is why you should uninstall both.

Several people have used Revo successfully but it is no guarantee. If you have tried the full uninstall, then you have little to lose.

Just in case, copy the Creator 2010 disc to a folder on your computer and install from there AFTER you have prepared your computer like this. That should solve any issues with a bad disc or with your computer reading the disc. Of course if it is bad enough, you won't be able to do this.

I am running Windows 7. I have successfully uninstalled 2009. It's 2010 that's giving me problms. I will try your suggestions and let you know how it went.

Thank you for your quick response, and for the advice.

Edited by ka619

I am running Windows 7. I have successfully uninstalled 2009. It's 2010 that's giving me problms. I will try your suggestions and let you know how it went.

Thank you for your quick response, and for the advice.

Here's another possibility for uninstalling. Try Perfect Uninstaller. I have been using it for over a year and not one problem. Completely uninstalls whatever I select.

Good luck.

Here's another possibility for uninstalling. Try Perfect Uninstaller. I have been using it for over a year and not one problem. Completely uninstalls whatever I select.

Good luck.

Thank you. I tried Revo yesterday and it looks like all Roxio files from both '09 & '10 are gone. I'm going to try to re-install 2010 today.

Follow the Prep Steps!

I have done all of the above. Inserted Disk 1. Going along fine, then get message "Unable to find certificate." This has happened other times. I have downloaded the delete certificate file. I opened the file and got this message:

"Patch not found c:\ProgramData\Sonic

The system cannot find the file specified"

The program started rolling back shortly thereafter. During the rollback I got a new error code: O643.

Where do I go from here?

Thank you!

After my first attempt to install after going through all the steps I got the certificate message. I went to this page http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/000244CR&PARAMS=set-locale=en and downloaded the .bat file. Started the installation. Same message about no certificate. I am at a complete loss.

I am surprised, Revo Ininstaller in the MODERATE mode has fixed this issue for others. :unsure: