ApexRon

International Symbol For 'no'

Question

There is no problem with communicating from my MAC to TiVo DVR. I can play music from my MAC to TiVo and I can see a list of titles to download from DVR. However, when I select start transfer it only begins for a second then stops. One possibility is the international symbol for 'no' preceding each title. I have Toast Titanium 10.0.7 installed and TiVo Transfer says it is version 2. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?

I have attached file.

TiVo Transfer.tiff

4 answers to this question

What's wrong is that the TiVo Transfer application believes those programs are blocked by the provider for any copying. Of course, that shouldn't be the case. It's hard to say whether the problem is with the TiVo Transfer application, the TiVo or the cable company. You might try trashing the TiVo Transfer application and reinstalling by selecting it in the Toast Extras window. You might also try turning off and back on your TiVo. Be sure to search this forum for anyone else with a similar problem and send a support ticket to Roxio.

You were a great help! I went to the TiVo forum and found information about Time Warner Cable blocking all but local programming in other parts of the country. I just recorded a local broadcast and was able to transfer to my MAC. Time Warner Cable of the Carolinas is the culprit. Just another reason why I am moving to ATT U-Verse next week.

What's wrong is that the TiVo Transfer application believes those programs are blocked by the provider for any copying. Of course, that shouldn't be the case. It's hard to say whether the problem is with the TiVo Transfer application, the TiVo or the cable company. You might try trashing the TiVo Transfer application and reinstalling by selecting it in the Toast Extras window. You might also try turning off and back on your TiVo. Be sure to search this forum for anyone else with a similar problem and send a support ticket to Roxio.

You were a great help! I went to the TiVo forum and found information about Time Warner Cable blocking all but local programming in other parts of the country. I just recorded a local broadcast and was able to transfer to my MAC. Time Warner Cable of the Carolinas is the culprit. Just another reason why I am moving to ATT U-Verse next week.

Is there any other solution to allow me to get my recorded material to the Mac from my Tivo? I have Time Warner Cable, and many of these universal red circles. It basically seems that they don't want me to be able to record anything and move it over. This is basically not cool. However, I don't have ATT-Uverse in this area, and I live in an apartment so I can't just start selecting and changing my cable provider at will. However, I do think I should have the right to watch what I record. Any suggestions?

Is there any other solution to allow me to get my recorded material to the Mac from my Tivo? I have Time Warner Cable, and many of these universal red circles. It basically seems that they don't want me to be able to record anything and move it over. This is basically not cool. However, I don't have ATT-Uverse in this area, and I live in an apartment so I can't just start selecting and changing my cable provider at will. However, I do think I should have the right to watch what I record. Any suggestions?

I know this isn't the solution you're hoping for but there are devices sold by Elgato that can record TV to your Mac either from the output of your Tivo or directly from some cable channels. Sometimes these can be bought at a discount from macsales.com or other sites and ElGato sometimes has sales as well.