Sign in to follow this  
Wohllerz

Black Pictures

Question

Hi everyone

I have suffered a lot to get a particular video without black pictures.

This project used pictures from several friends.

I noticed that the issue was more frequent with photos taken by a professional camera.

I do not know why, maybe theses pictures were build in some way that my computer and Roxio were not happy.

The result was slight different when the type of output was changed. Everything was fine until the painful rendering

process. I almost became crazy.

Well, after weeks of suffering I duplicated the pictures to a temp folder, using a program to convert all pictures in another type (in bmp format the size was multiplied by 6). Then I restarted the project and finally could finish the job. After the final product the folder was deleted.

I hope Roxio could fix this problem and I hope that solution could save your time.

It that was useful, please let me know.

Best luck

Jehferson

12 answers to this question

Hi:

I guess I am not the only one with black pictures. I am using Roxio (Creator 2010) on all my projects - never had a problem. I got a new camera - Canon Rebel T2i and that's when the problem started. The pictures are a larger file with the 18 pixel camera then my previous camera. But that should not be a problem. I made my first slide show and burned it straight to a DVD (as I always did). Half way through the project the black outs started and got more as it went on. Then I saved it to a ISO file and burned from there - same thing. Then I saved it to .wmv - did'nt work either. I tried all kinds of files and then convert to a file which plays on my DVD player - the pictures came out all unclear and fuzzy. I re-created the entire slide show on Windows Movie Maker - saved it to a file and burned it from there - no problem and no black outs. I communicating with Roxio Tech. Support since the last 2 weeks. They are realy helpful, but have not come up with a solution. They want me to send a picture to analyze it, but it is not a specific picture - it starts about half way through and if I use the first half of the pictures at the end, it would be the same. Does anybody have a explanation or better yet - solution for this? I would realy appreciate this. Also, I should mention this (Roxio asked me this too) I have the Canon program EOS utility, which cam with the camera. I download the pictures from the camera with EOS utility to my computer and then add them to the creator 2010 pro to creat the slide show. Don't know if this is of any importance.

Madelone

You “Download” (and upload) to the Internet.

You “Copy” files to and from your camera. ;)

It would appear that the Canon Software converts the files into Standard jpgs? – just guessing, I don’t have one but most better cameras have a RAW mode.

Or you could be dealing with a non-standard setting that is allowed by the camera but must be converted for ‘normal’ use…

Check to see what settings you are using in the camera and see if the manual has any notes about that setting???

You “Download” (and upload) to the Internet.

You “Copy” files to and from your camera. ;)

It would appear that the Canon Software converts the files into Standard jpgs? – just guessing, I don’t have one but most better cameras have a RAW mode.

Or you could be dealing with a non-standard setting that is allowed by the camera but must be converted for ‘normal’ use…

Check to see what settings you are using in the camera and see if the manual has any notes about that setting???

thanks for your answer - yeah I'm not very good with the technical words. I always have the pictures saved as .jpgs ( with the old camera too)and the projects worked just fine previously. My questions remains, why do I get black pictures now? I have done a project befor in Creator 2010 with the old camera - no problem.

maddy

I gave you the possible answers...

I don't have the camera, so you get to do the research. Let us know what you find...

BTW, Canon tech support is very frendly and helpful! I was talking with them just last week.

I gave you the possible answers...

I don't have the camera, so you get to do the research. Let us know what you find...

BTW, Canon tech support is very frendly and helpful! I was talking with them just last week.

THANK YOU - i will try to get in touch with Canon and certainly share my findings

Maddy

Hi!

These are not simple things to me. I just scanned some pics and with Creator 2009 I got black pictures(not all) to my slide show. Reinstallation did not help. Then I started using Creator 2010 and I had no problem.

Hello:

It definitely has something to do with hi-res files. I scanned pictures in at 1200 DPI as jpg files. These pictures did not show up (black). I re-scanned at 600 DPI and all but one now shows up. I will try converting the last one to a .bmp.

When I had this problem, it seemed to have something to do with the size. Only the bigger files [such as the professional hi-def ones] showed as black.

Since there's a limit to definition in the DVD standard and the software resizes everything anyway, there didn't seem much point in trying to use ultra-high definition pictures. I shrank the bigger photos, and the problem disappeared.

Brendon

When I had this problem, it seemed to have something to do with the size. Only the bigger files [such as the professional hi-def ones] showed as black.

Since there's a limit to definition in the DVD standard and the software resizes everything anyway, there didn't seem much point in trying to use ultra-high definition pictures. I shrank the bigger photos, and the problem disappeared.

Brendon

I thought we had disproven that theory several times over???

I created slideshows with huge (9120 X 6840) 7 MB pictures and get no black ones…

Of course using some cameras RAW files isnt going to work as well as using Proprietary project files… In some cases they just have to be read into Roxios PhotoSuite and resaved from there. That makes just enough change in the file so that it is readable to the video programs.

Maybe if you or Sly are willing to post some of these problem pictures on a hosting site, I would sure be willing to revisit this again.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

I thought we had disproven that ‘theory’ several times over???

I have no 'theory', I have just outlined what I saw.

Maybe if you or Sly are willing to post some of these problem pictures on a hosting site, I would sure be willing to revisit this again.

I have no problem pictures. I shrank them slightly and the problem was gone.

I am running Creator 2010 Pro on Windows 7 64 bit and getting the same strange black pictures. After a very painful reinstall of the software the problem still exists. My testing so far shows a strong correlation between the amount of free memory that is available and black pictures. If the amount of free memory drops to 0 for a long (2 sec or greater) the picture or pictures at that time in the video will be black. Running in software render mode works for some because more free memory is available for longer periods of time. The same also applies to those that are reducing the size of their images. Shutting off other programs and disconnecting from the internet also helps.

Just changed from "AVCHD 1920x1080i" to "Blu-ray AVC HQ" and no more black pictures!!!!

Edited by AcridWarhog