Shaky Video When Trying To Capture

Kevin F2010

Question

This program has not been the easiest to get setup from the get go, unfortunately. The software installed fine, and it detected the hardware. However, after opening, it would simply keep saying "no singal detected" -- I was surprised that this software program did not allow me to even check which device it was using for receiving the video (EG: Webcam) as well as not being able to choose at all which format to record in.

I had to go to a forum to find out how to get the audio/video to work which was to go to the control panel, and under IEEE under Bus to change it to "Legacy". The video will capture now with both audio/sound. However, too often (and it's not the tape I've tried several), the video is shaky (for an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIVCS-vQxrc.

I have a Dell Intel I7 (the best processor available), a really good video card (ATI Radeon HD 5750 with the latest drivers). I have the april 2010 roxio drivers... when I download the june 2010 off of roxio's website, it says the download isn't necessary.n

I have tried changing the codecs and nothing has worked.... it's not the tape cuz I have tried several, and if I rewind the tape, the jerking doesn't occur in the same spots.

Edited by Kevin F2010

3 answers to this question

This program has not been the easiest to get setup from the get go, unfortunately. The software installed fine, and it detected the hardware. However, after opening, it would simply keep saying "no singal detected" -- I was surprised that this software program did not allow me to even check which device it was using for receiving the video (EG: Webcam) as well as not being able to choose at all which format to record in.

I had to go to a forum to find out how to get the audio/video to work which was to go to the control panel, and under IEEE under Bus to change it to "Legacy". The video will capture now with both audio/sound. However, too often (and it's not the tape I've tried several), the video is shaky (for an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIVCS-vQxrc.

I have a Dell Intel I7 (the best processor available), a really good video card (ATI Radeon HD 5750 with the latest drivers). I have the april 2010 roxio drivers... when I download the june 2010 off of roxio's website, it says the download isn't necessary.n

I have tried changing the codecs and nothing has worked.... it's not the tape cuz I have tried several, and if I rewind the tape, the jerking doesn't occur in the same spots.

To start with, changing a setting for IEEE will have about as much effect on a USB device as what kind of gasoline you run in your lawnmower ;)

IEEE compatibility settings are for 1394 devices and have no effect on anything USB.

You are correct with the 201B software you have to disable a Webcam or it seems to want to capture using that. :(

Likewise your capture is automatically set so there is no need to tinker with it. You can make adjustment to Quality but as in all video, you sacrifice Quality to get more Time.

Don't know what 'Drivers' you are referring to??? There are none for the 201B version beyond what was included with the software. This may be why you are having troubles… :huh:

Several things to try!

First, make sure all wires & connections are stable and can't move.

Then try setting your Render to Software to see if the Video stabilizes. You may have to carry through and make a test burn (DVD RW would be wise at this point).

You could try a different stable source such as a DVD Player or a Camcorder.

You did not list your computer specs but your Dell should have come with the 10.2 or 10.3 Dell OEM software… You can use that to do a test capture with your Roxio USB device. (it also has the Source selector and some other goodies)

Try these things first but we may have to go in and see about removing those improper drivers you found…

Edited by Jim_Hardin

okay well I guess it just found the drivers or whatever you guys are calling it, cuz in device manager if you right click on it the option to "update driver" is still there. Those drivers I mdentioned from june 2009 didn't install, but they were from the Roxio website. As for the IEEE thing, that's what worked and I got it off another forum, besides that nothing was showing video/audio.

I just tried a DVD, same problem as the video shows you above...bouncy. Don't see anything from dell about capturing and I don't know how to change render to software and i googled it.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name ALLTHATP-PC

System Manufacturer DELL Inc.

System Model Studio XPS 435T/9000

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date DELL INC. A15, 04/02/2010

SMBIOS Version 2.5

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale Canada

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"

User Name AllThatP-PC\All That P

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 2.99 GB

Available Physical Memory 0.99 GB

Total Virtual Memory 5.98 GB

Available Virtual Memory 2.94 GB

Page File Space 2.99 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Just because something is on Roxio in no way means it applies to you… I was searching the other day and found a patch that applied to a software that was last produced over 5 years ago! Don't think that is going to do me or my PC any good :huh:

Confirm you have the 201B? (Support-About)post-39730-067048500 1281384178.jpg

Assuming you do, File-Preferences-Render:post-39730-022138200 1281384177.jpg

I really don't know what is on your PC. You have to supply that info… Mine came with this:post-39730-047946400 1281384111.jpg

And I can use the Capture Video under the Video tab with the USB 2861 Device: post-39730-051515300 1281384405.jpg