Countdown Timer Using Overlay

displayname1

Question

I've seen in the forum that if you shot a video of a countdown timer, you could add that video to an Overlay, shrink the Overlay, and move the Overlay to have the video of the countdown timer appear in the main movie at a location of your choice.

So I've seen some bicycle training videos where they have an overlay onscreen with a small digital count-up timer running, so you know how many minutes are left to train.

Usually, they stop at 30 minute, or 60 minutes, or 120 minutes.

Is there any widget or add-in that would function in a similar manner?

Something in Roxio system somewhere that you could add to an overlay that would show how much "video tme" has elapsed?

Roxio knows how long the DVD is (at least you can see how many minutes of video you have by looking at the timeline.

Is there a way to feed that information to an overlay?

Edited by displayname1

1 answer to this question

I've seen in the forum that if you shot a video of a countdown timer, you could add that video to an Overlay, shrink the Overlay, and move the Overlay to have the video of the countdown timer appear in the main movie at a location of your choice.

So I've seen some bicycle training videos where they have an overlay onscreen with a small digital count-up timer running, so you know how many minutes are left to train.

Usually, they stop at 30 minute, or 60 minutes, or 120 minutes.

Is there any widget or add-in that would function in a similar manner?

Something in Roxio system somewhere that you could add to an overlay that would show how much "video tme" has elapsed?

Roxio knows how long the DVD is (at least you can see how many minutes of video you have by looking at the timeline.

Is there a way to feed that information to an overlay?

Nothing automatic, it would be strictly manual utilizing any video of a timer that you see fit to use.

Actually you could just use the DVD Playback and set it to display the time???

I think you have a better idea with using an overlay.