• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How To Make Highlight Video From My Dvd's

DSruns

Question

6 answers to this question

There will be several ways to do this...

The "best" way is going to depend on your sources. Explain what a "dvd video" is??? How many are there?

Jim, Thanks so much for replying. I have video on Hi8 and video that was recorded on a digital camcorder by another parent who gave me the DVD's. I can transfer the Hi8 tapes directly to DVD. Each DVD is game length, approximately 33 minutes of video. I may want only 4 or 5 plays of 10 seconds from each video. Most of the videos have only 1 chapter. Can you help or point me in the right direction. My problems are worsebed by the fact the tutorial videos will not play on my brand new Dell. just a box with a red X appears in the upper left corner. I am a moderate computer user who is a beginner when it comes to this. thanks for any help you can give this poor old soul. dan

My problems are worsebed by the fact the tutorial videos will not play on my brand new Dell. just a box with a red X appears in the upper left corner. I am a moderate computer user who is a beginner when it comes to this. thanks for any help you can give this poor old soul.
I think all the tutorials require Flash. Go to Adobe.com and download the latest Flash or Flash plug-n required for your browser.

It think for this case, little bits from many DVD's, I would go this way…

Overview:

Copy the VIDEO_TS folders from each DVD to your HDD

Rename the xxxxx_0x.VOB files to .MPG

Use the Media Selector in VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) to select the Scenes in each of the mpg files.

Add the Scenes to VideoWave

Lastly, send it to MyDVD (Create DVDs) to burn it to a DVD.

I posted a more detailed Topic about this – Here

Give it a look through and try a few things then post back. Try the basics first then you can dress it up with Transitiosn ect. in VW ;)

It think for this case, little bits from many DVD's, I would go this way…

Overview:

Copy the VIDEO_TS folders from each DVD to your HDD

Rename the xxxxx_0x.VOB files to .MPG

Use the Media Selector in VideoWave (Edit Video-Advanced) to select the Scenes in each of the mpg files.

Add the Scenes to VideoWave

Lastly, send it to MyDVD (Create DVDs) to burn it to a DVD.

I posted a more detailed Topic about this – Here

Give it a look through and try a few things then post back. Try the basics first then you can dress it up with Transitiosn ect. in VW ;)

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You. That tutorial you have posted is more my level. I appreciate you work for us Newbies.

I think all the tutorials require Flash. Go to Adobe.com and download the latest Flash or Flash plug-n required for your browser.

Thanks Gary. orking on your remedy now. Greatly Appreciate your response.