• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Movie Maker Movies To Dvd

short stuff

Question

I just installed roxio de10.2 on my vista basic OC, dell computer. Before I had roxio 9 and it had a MY DVD to add movies to a project and burn them to a DVD . I don't see that on this version, I tryed to add files using data entry and it said I dcould not add data to this version. Am I doing something wrong or is that the case?

Thank You your help. Shirley

7 answers to this question

I just installed roxio de10.2 on my vista basic OC, dell computer. Before I had roxio 9 and it had a MY DVD to add movies to a project and burn them to a DVD . I don't see that on this version, I tryed to add files using data entry and it said I dcould not add data to this version. Am I doing something wrong or is that the case?

Thank You your help. Shirley

The OEM 10.2 you have is in no way related to Creator 2010!

WMV files however will load into MyDVD Express which your version has. Edit: no it does not! My Bad :(

Edited by Jim_Hardin

The OEM 10.2 you have is in no way related to Creator 2010!

WMV files however will load into MyDVD Express which your version has.

jim,

Thank you your reply, But how do i find My DVD express, I don't see it in the menu anywhere. This disk is from Dell as a free software on my computer.

Shirley

jim,

Thank you your reply, But how do i find My DVD express, I don't see it in the menu anywhere. This disk is from Dell as a free software on my computer.

Shirley

You might better to throw the disc in the trash and re-install EMC 9 (if it is the full retail version). Any OEM program has many features of the full reatil version crippled or missing. The best bet though is to purchase the full Roxio Creator 2010. If you buy online you have a 30 day refund option.

What exactly is the Windows Movie Maker movie you are trying to burn> Is it the project file or a converted video?

You can't burn a video DVD by adding "data".

Edited by myguggi

My Apologies!!!

I was thinking of the Dell 10.3 DE and you did specify you have the Dell 10.2 version.

The 10.2 lacks any video capability whatsoever :o

As Walt suggests, the best thing to do would be to Dump the Junk and move on! :(

Thank all of you for your help.

I called Dell and they sent me a different version Premier SD 10.2 which did have MY DVD express, and it worked fine.

I burned a data disk of my pictures, is this the type of disk I can use to reinstall my pictures in case of a computer crash? Also can I burn the same type of disk of my movie maker movies as a backup? I want to get an external hard drive for back up, but I have to wait a while for that. Any suggestions on brand and type would be appreciated.

Thank you again for your advise.

Short Stuff

MyDVD Express makes Movie DVD's that are sutable for playing on your PC or on a DVD Player.

As a result, pictures are reduced to DVD Quality, 720 X 480. Few people would consider that a 'Quality Picture' these days…

For Archiving, you want to use the Data and Backup tab of the program and make a Data Disc. Then you have a 1:1 copy of your pictures.

You might better to throw the disc in the trash and re-install EMC 9 (if it is the full retail version). Any OEM program has many features of the full reatil version crippled or missing. The best bet though is to purchase the full Roxio Creator 2010. If you buy online you have a 30 day refund option.

What exactly is the Windows Movie Maker movie you are trying to burn> Is it the project file or a converted video?

You can't burn a video DVD by adding "data".