• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Message

petersfancy

Question

I am unable to use this software. Every time I start any part of it a message flashes on the screen that I must change the monitor settings to 1024 x 768 and 16 bit or higher. The settings were at 1366 and 32 bit originally. I tried the suggested lower settings, but that didn't solve the problem. My computer is a HP Pavilion laptop, G60 231WM 2/4/10, the monitor is a Generic PnP NVIDIA GeForce 8200M-G

The purpose of purchasing this software was to make slideshows with narration and some transitions between images. Is this software too complex for that purpose?

I have had a reply to an earlier posting, and my thanks to them both. Part of the problem is not knowing what question to ask and how to use this forum, which is full of helpful people.

Peter :mellow:

8 answers to this question

what's the second number in your display?

If it's 1360 x 765 it's still lower (in the second value) than the minimum

The setting is at 1366 x 768 with 32 bit color. Have I yet again bought an insufficiently powered computer? Is there a way of upgrading the video system? Thanks for you patience.

Peter

In a laptop, no - you're stuck with what's there.

Did you try switching to software rendering? I know you will lose a lot of the transition effects, but it will at least confirm or deny whether it's the app or the computer.

Also keep in mind that you need at least 2 GB of RAM for rendering and also it's advisable to update the graphics drivers to the latest from nVidia (and not HP or MS)

Software rendering is entirely "Greek to me", but thanks for the idea. As for an NVIDIA driver update/upgrade there is one on their website, but I am anxious about downloading it. My plan, as an unskilled computer user, is to take this to the good shop where I bought this computer and see if they are comfortable with downloading it into this Laptop HP G60 231 WM w/ AMD Athlon-X2 and Nvidia. Your suggestions were quick to my post, but I am not quite up to the job.

Reading more posts in the community I think that the Roxio may need to add a caution to buyers at my level of computer knowledge. I was particularly taken with the number of posts regarding the impossibility of removing the product.

Anyway many thanks for you time and thinking.

Peter

Software rendering is entirely "Greek to me", but thanks for the idea. As for an NVIDIA driver update/upgrade there is one on their website, but I am anxious about downloading it. My plan, as an unskilled computer user, is to take this to the good shop where I bought this computer and see if they are comfortable with downloading it into this Laptop HP G60 231 WM w/ AMD Athlon-X2 and Nvidia. Your suggestions were quick to my post, but I am not quite up to the job.

Reading more posts in the community I think that the Roxio may need to add a caution to buyers at my level of computer knowledge. I was particularly taken with the number of posts regarding the impossibility of removing the product.

Anyway many thanks for you time and thinking.

Peter

What "mpossibility of removing the product"? It is a pretty straight-forward procedure.:rolleyes: