Mavanna

Videowave Transitions And Timing

Question

I make AMV's and have always loved the fade from/to black feature on windows moviemaker, disappointing that videowave doesn't have it but I heard that a similar effect could be done by using dissole and a black color panel.

okay, dandy, except that everytime I use this technique the timing gets so insanely messed up that I want to scream and throw the software out the window. I have tried all kinds of durations and even just dissolve and I still am having trouble. So my question is how on earth can you do the fade effect without jacking up the timing on a vid?

1 answer to this question

I make AMV's and have always loved the fade from/to black feature on windows moviemaker, disappointing that videowave doesn't have it but I heard that a similar effect could be done by using dissole and a black color panel.

okay, dandy, except that everytime I use this technique the timing gets so insanely messed up that I want to scream and throw the software out the window. I have tried all kinds of durations and even just dissolve and I still am having trouble. So my question is how on earth can you do the fade effect without jacking up the timing on a vid?

The fade to/from black is easily simulated in Videowave. Insert a black panel and add a dissolve transition on either side.

You will have to explain a bit more exactly hopw you are applying the black panel and dissolve and the timing you are using. Adding a panel and transitions will of course change the overall timing of the video. In fact adding any type of transition has to affect the timing of the video, usually by shortining the time.