• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Editor Will Not Recognize Mp3 Files

mike52zito

Question

3 answers to this question

I had to reload Roxio Easy Creator 9 after I reloaded it the Sound Editor will not recognize MP3 files. I get this error message “does not exist or is not a supported audio”. I’ve tried other MP3 and get the same error.

Did it work before your reinstall? Why did you have to reinstall? Are the mp3 files DRM protected such as those from ITunes? If they have DRM protection, they can't be used in the program.

What audio card/ chip do you have?

Download VLC Media Player (it is free) drag one of those music files to the player, pause it and then go to the tools tab. Select codec details and post that information in this thread. It is possible that why-ever you had to reinstall the program took the codecs with it.

Did it work before your reinstall? Why did you have to reinstall? Are the mp3 files DRM protected such as those from ITunes? If they have DRM protection, they can't be used in the program.

What audio card/ chip do you have?

Download VLC Media Player (it is free) drag one of those music files to the player, pause it and then go to the tools tab. Select codec details and post that information in this thread. It is possible that why-ever you had to reinstall the program took the codecs with it.

Thanks, I think it has something to do with the fact that I also have Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0 installed on my PC.

Thanks, I think it has something to do with the fact that I also have Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0 installed on my PC.

So, remove the Sony program and see if Roxio works. If that doesn't fix it, answer the questions in post #2.