Tivo To Dvd

Parrothead Cowboy

Question

Howdy Community!!

I have gotten no where w/ Tech Support, so I'm appealing to you, the users! I am trying to transfer my TiVo shows from my laptop to a DVD so my 84 yo mother can watch them. I have windows 7, creator 10, and the latest version of TiVo desktop. The show I'm trying to convert is "Hot in Cleveland". I know some shows are copy written, but I don't believe this one is. I can get video, no audio. I have checked and both my audio & video drivers are up to date. I was successful a few months back w/ "Undercover Boss" before I converted to Windows 7, both now that records w/o audio.

Any help?

4 answers to this question

Howdy Community!!

I have gotten no where w/ Tech Support, so I'm appealing to you, the users! I am trying to transfer my TiVo shows from my laptop to a DVD so my 84 yo mother can watch them. I have windows 7, creator 10, and the latest version of TiVo desktop. The show I'm trying to convert is "Hot in Cleveland". I know some shows are copy written, but I don't believe this one is. I can get video, no audio. I have checked and both my audio & video drivers are up to date. I was successful a few months back w/ "Undercover Boss" before I converted to Windows 7, both now that records w/o audio.

Any help?

Are you using Easy Media Creator 10 or are you using Creator 2010? Have you applied SP2?Tell us about your computer and the audio device it has.

I was having a no audio problem in Cineplayer and discovered that Windows 7 Update had changed my audio driver. I know this has happened at least twice. To get back audio, I uninstalled the audio driving and made sure to Check the option to Delete the driver.

Rebooted Win 7 and let it redetect the audio

I then reinstalled the latest drivers for the chipset. (VIA in my case) I think you have to get Conexant drivers from the Computer manufacturer like Dell or from the motherboard manufacturer.

Edited by ggrussell