• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

THUMBNAILS

johnmcmanus1

Question

13 answers to this question

Grandpa Bruce,

I had the same problem....I loaded content and renamed the media manager folder...now I have lost all of my recent projects...help, I am in the middle of creating a dvd and I have lost the work. Apparently the media manager rename has caused all of my work to be lost.

THUMNAILS FOR TRANSITIONS, TEXT ETC ALL HAVE QUESTION MARKS. hOW DO i FIX THIS

Did you install the content disk? Has it been this way since the beginning of the install or did it just start?

Grandpa Bruce,

I had the same problem....I loaded content and renamed the media manager folder...now I have lost all of my recent projects...help, I am in the middle of creating a dvd and I have lost the work. Apparently the media manager rename has caused all of my work to be lost.

[/quote

Search your computer for the location of your project files, they have the extension dmsm for Videowave projects and dmsd for DVD Builder projects. Actually renaming media manager folder should not have caused you to lose any of your projects.

John, I see that you stopped by last night. Did the solutions offered work for you?

Grandpa Bruce,

Media Manager should not have caused any loss of your projects. Search for the .dmsm as Walt said.

John, I see that you stopped by last night. Did the solutions offered work for you?

Media Manager should not have caused any loss of your projects. Search for the .dmsm as Walt said.

I did find them searching as you said THANK YOU. They were not visible in the recent projects window when I opened the applicaiton so they did disappear apparently from that window only.

All of my "collections" that I organized to work with the projects I had ongoing appear not to be accessible is there a way to search for them?

I am curious why after using this program for two years all of a sudden the thumbnail question mark problem cropped up...any ideas? I have burned four video wave productions before this thumbnail problem, I just recently started using the collections option to organize my projects while I build the dvds. When I first using the collections option, I did not have this problem at all. After it appeared on the collections set of thumbnails, it also appeared in the select transitions window also. The titles of the photos and transitions do show, but the question mark is in place of the thumbnail, if you click the question mark the photo or transition demo do preview and work, but it is impossible to choose photos easily with thumbnails not appearing.

I have not reloaded any collections yet to see if the problem is gone...I am working off my photo folders instead. I will let you know when I try it.

Thanks again Grandpa Bruce, you have helped me more than once before when I had a DVD burning issue, your suggested work around allowed me to complete my productions when I was having fits.

Lisa Ross

I did find them searching as you said THANK YOU. They were not visible in the recent projects window when I opened the applicaiton so they did disappear apparently from that window only.

All of my "collections" that I organized to work with the projects I had ongoing appear not to be accessible is there a way to search for them?

I am curious why after using this program for two years all of a sudden the thumbnail question mark problem cropped up...any ideas? I have burned four video wave productions before this thumbnail problem, I just recently started using the collections option to organize my projects while I build the dvds. When I first using the collections option, I did not have this problem at all. After it appeared on the collections set of thumbnails, it also appeared in the select transitions window also. The titles of the photos and transitions do show, but the question mark is in place of the thumbnail, if you click the question mark the photo or transition demo do preview and work, but it is impossible to choose photos easily with thumbnails not appearing.

I have not reloaded any collections yet to see if the problem is gone...I am working off my photo folders instead. I will let you know when I try it.

Thanks again Grandpa Bruce, you have helped me more than once before when I had a DVD burning issue, your suggested work around allowed me to complete my productions when I was having fits.

Lisa Ross

Reporting in with results Thanks again....this media manager rename / load content on hardrive fixed the problem with thumbnails in collections and the trasition thumbnails, both are working again.

Lisa Ross

Lisa Ross

The problem with the media manager is that every once in a while it becomes "corrupt" and no one seems to know why. I actually never use the media manager or the collections when creating a production. Collections are just links to the actual files used in your production so I prefer to use the files directly from their folders. This prevents problems just like you are having.

Reporting in with results Thanks again....this media manager rename / load content on hardrive fixed the problem with thumbnails in collections and the trasition thumbnails, both are working again.

Lisa Ross

You are welcome. Some fixes are easy, some are not. :):huh:

You are welcome. Some fixes are easy, some are not. :):huh:

To Grandpa Bruce

Your suggestion worked for me. The thumbnails for transitions etc are ok now. I did load the contents disk but can't quite figure out where its contents are at. When my program crashed I did lose the collections except for some audio references. When renaming the Media folder I also lost these. Since I do not use collections this didn't bother me. I certainly thank you for your help. This is the first time I have been involved in a discussion group and it worked great for me. John

To Grandpa Bruce

Your suggestion worked for me. The thumbnails for transitions etc are ok now. I did load the contents disk but can't quite figure out where its contents are at. When my program crashed I did lose the collections except for some audio references. When renaming the Media folder I also lost these. Since I do not use collections this didn't bother me. I certainly thank you for your help. This is the first time I have been involved in a discussion group and it worked great for me. John

You are welcome, John. My advice to anyone who uses any software, is to create a folder, outside of the program, for storing the files that you create. That way, if you ever have a problem where the program crashes, and has to be reloaded, your saved files/productions are safe, because they were saved elsewhere.

Guest mlpasley

The contents CD contains themes and they are automatically added to the program files.

Many of them are used in the CineMagic or StoryBuilder productions available in VideoWave.

One additional piece of information that might help with the audio files. When you reinstall or rename the Media Manager, the program sometimes loses the 'link' to those files and you might have to 'relink' them ( although I'm not quite certain how you relink audio files.)

Did you install the content disk? Has it been this way since the beginning of the install or did it just start?

I did not instal the content disk. I had normal thumbnails until the program crashed when I was working with it. The question marks appeared after this.

John

I did not instal the content disk. I had normal thumbnails until the program crashed when I was working with it. The question marks appeared after this.

John

Rename your Media Manager folder.

Media Manager is a hidden file. Go to My Computer/Tools/Folder Options, click on View, scroll down to Hidden Files and folders, and click in the circle to the left of Show hidden files and folders. Click on Apply, then Ok.

a. Close all open applications, especially Roxio applications.

b. Open My Computer.

c. Double click on the C: drive and browse to C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Roxio, where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as.

d. Right click on the MediaManager folder and choose rename.

e. Name the folder MediaManager.old

Look now, to see if all of the transitions are showing.

It is a good idea to install the Content Disk. It contains transitions, overlays, different things for Photosuite, and many other things that are time savers when you build your productions. You won't have to insert the disk when doing your building. I have mine installed.

To install it:

Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Scroll down to Roxio EMC7 and click on it. Click on the Change button. The install wizard will come up. Click continue, I think. Then make sure Modify is highlighted and click on it. You may, at this time, have it load your Content disc on the hard drive. There are 3 places that you can click and select to install all of the Content disk. The places are in Video Wave, DVD Builder, and Photosuite. Click on the Content icon by each one and select "This feature will be installed on hard drive". Then click Next. It will then prompt you to put your Program Disk in the drive. Put it in. It does not reload the program. After about a minute or so, it will prompt you to insert your Content Disc. Do so, sit back, let it load, and you are done.

Archived