Edit-Trim Vob Files

Quigley

Question

I have some home videos that were on analog tap. I used a stand-alone VHS to DVD recorder to transfer them to DVD. The DVDs are now in a .VOB file extension. The lengths of these DVDs are 1 to 2 hours long. I would like to edit these to a ½ hour show, (trim down and divide up into multi scenes. I have Creator 2010.

My Question: Can I edit them in a .VOB file format or do I need to convert them to a .MPG format before I can edit/trim/scene them? Is VideoWave the tool I need to use? If you can give some instructions, I’m a Newbe with 2010.

Thanks Quigley

7 answers to this question

I have some home videos that were on analog tap. I used a stand-alone VHS to DVD recorder to transfer them to DVD. The DVDs are now in a .VOB file extension. The lengths of these DVDs are 1 to 2 hours long. I would like to edit these to a ½ hour show, (trim down and divide up into multi scenes. I have Creator 2010.

My Question: Can I edit them in a .VOB file format or do I need to convert them to a .MPG format before I can edit/trim/scene them? Is VideoWave the tool I need to use? If you can give some instructions, I'm a Newbe with 2010.

Thanks Quigley

Videowave accepts the vob.

Copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive. Launch Videowave, select add video, navigate to the Video_TS folder and select a vob file. You should now be shown to select a movie to add.

vob is actually mpg format already

Videowave accepts the vob.

Copy the Video_TS folder from the DVD to your hard drive. Launch Videowave, select add video, navigate to the Video_TS folder and select a vob file. You should now be shown to select a movie to add.

vob is actually mpg format already

OK, I understand that I can edit/trim/divide in to scenes a vob file with out converting them to a mpg file. But once you have it loaded in to VideoWave how do you edit/divide the video? The tutorials are to complicate for me to understand, I all most need step-by-step instructions to under stand it.

I have a 1 hour long vob video loaded into VideoWave, I can view it in preview screen, its in the time line, now what? I would like to edit multi scenes from it in to a 15+/- min. tong video.

Sorry for binging dumb about this or is it that Creater2010 is not that user friendly!!!!

Quigley

OK, I understand that I can edit/trim/divide in to scenes a vob file with out converting them to a mpg file. But once you have it loaded in to VideoWave how do you edit/divide the video? The tutorials are to complicate for me to understand, I all most need step-by-step instructions to under stand it.

I have a 1 hour long vob video loaded into VideoWave, I can view it in preview screen, its in the time line, now what? I would like to edit multi scenes from it in to a 15+/- min. tong video.

Sorry for binging dumb about this or is it that Creater2010 is not that user friendly!!!!

Quigley

'User Friendly' just depends on the user's previous computer experiences. I've purchased over 10 different video editors in the3 past and Roxio Creator is definitely the easiest to use in my opinion.

Once in the timeline, just move the thin blue line where you want to cut and click the Split Icon. All of this is in the Help file and Manual. Karri's tutorials is about as basic as it can get.