• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blurry Picture After Exporting Edited Video To Mydvd

wade1953

Question

I have been editing video in VideoWave (Creator 2010). When I go to render it (prior to exporting it to MyDVD) I notice that there is this little image that says "MPEG" that keeps popping up during the rendering process. I have studied this and it appears that these MPEG images are occuring wherever I have placed transitions or titles on the edited story line in VideoWave.

a\After I finally burn the DVD (in MyDVD) and look at it... there are picture degradations... or a blurry image for a second or two while comming out of a transition before it snaps back into focus. It looks as if the images are not rendering properly whenever I've placed a transition.

What's going on here and how can I get the exported videos to burn cleanly to DVD?

I am running my Creator 2010 software on a Dell Vostro 1520 dual core laptop. I am also purchased the same Creator 2010 software for my desktop - a brand new HP quad core with a TB hard drive with 6GB Ram. This HP computer was purchased specifically to run Creator 2010 as an editing computer only and...Same deal when I run it on this big machine!!... so I don't think it's an overloaded processor issue.

What's going on here?!

I left an extensive and detailed message with Roxio support online the other day, but they still haven't responded more than 3 days later.

Please help.

2 answers to this question

I have been editing video in VideoWave (Creator 2010). When I go to render it (prior to exporting it to MyDVD) I notice that there is this little image that says "MPEG" that keeps popping up during the rendering process. I have studied this and it appears that these MPEG images are occuring wherever I have placed transitions or titles on the edited story line in VideoWave.

a\After I finally burn the DVD (in MyDVD) and look at it... there are picture degradations... or a blurry image for a second or two while comming out of a transition before it snaps back into focus. It looks as if the images are not rendering properly whenever I've placed a transition.

What's going on here and how can I get the exported videos to burn cleanly to DVD?

I am running my Creator 2010 software on a Dell Vostro 1520 dual core laptop. I am also purchased the same Creator 2010 software for my desktop - a brand new HP quad core with a TB hard drive with 6GB Ram. This HP computer was purchased specifically to run Creator 2010 as an editing computer only and...Same deal when I run it on this big machine!!... so I don't think it's an overloaded processor issue.

What's going on here?!

I left an extensive and detailed message with Roxio support online the other day, but they still haven't responded more than 3 days later.

Please help.

I moved your post to the correct forum. The General Forum is for non-technical, non-Roxio related topics.

If the render window shows "mpeg" that means that the video at that point does not require rendering since it is already DVD compliant. It does not appear during transitions. In fact rendering is required where you inserted transitions between compliant video.

You do not need to render the video at all in Videowave. You can just save the VW project as a dmsm project file, exit VW, launch myDVD and add the dmsm project, create menu and then burn. What quality setting are you using in myDVD? You should be using HQ for best results.

How long in time is your video project? You left out the most important computer spec: the video card or graphics adaptor.. You may have a fast CPU and more then enough RAM but if your video card is not good enough you get the problems you describe.

What render setting are you using: software or hardware? Look under tools/options.