How To Change From .mov To Mp4

swimmersteve

Question

13 answers to this question

Hi all,

When I hit the "add photo/video" at the top left menu side, all the files come up as .mov. I recorded the videos on Kodak Zi8. I need to change to .mp4 so you can here the audio. Anyone know how I can import and change all those files at once?

Thanks

Do I change them when they're in the library part of the computer or after they've been imported to videowave?

Thanks

Apparently there are mp4 video and there are mp4 videos from camcorders that are not the same.

I'm assuming that you do not have the PRO version so you don't have Sound Soap

Download and run "Any Video Encoder" on the files to change them to mpg2. You can do a batch (but sequential) convert in that free program.

Apparently there are mp4 video and there are mp4 videos from camcorders that are not the same.

I'm assuming that you do not have the PRO version so you don't have Sound Soap

Download and run "Any Video Encoder" on the files to change them to mpg2. You can do a batch (but sequential) convert in that free program.

Hey thank-you for replies.

I have QuickTime 7

Not sure how to do the video converter thing. I didn't see "mpg2' as a choice so went with "customized mp4" ... got them all converted but now what do I do? Now just to back-up a sec, I'm trying to get so when I "add video" and play the video I added, I will be able to hear the sound. When recording using the Kodak zi8 it gives you a .mov file and I think that's my problem. I'm trying to convert my 20 video clips to a format where I can hear audio before I start to edit. Thanks for the help.

Hey thank-you for replies.

I have QuickTime 7

Not sure how to do the video converter thing. I didn't see "mpg2' as a choice so went with "customized mp4" ... got them all converted but now what do I do? Now just to back-up a sec, I'm trying to get so when I "add video" and play the video I added, I will be able to hear the sound. When recording using the Kodak zi8 it gives you a .mov file and I think that's my problem. I'm trying to convert my 20 video clips to a format where I can hear audio before I start to edit. Thanks for the help.

Add the converted to Video Wave. You can preview them there before you do any editing.

mpg is there, you didn't look hard enough at the drop down arrow in the upper right. Lower down where it lists the properties, clcik on that (you can't see the drop down arows) to select the display size etc. Try reading the help file for that converter and look at the How to pinned posts in the versions to find out how to do what you want to do. We can do some hand holding but can't provide you with full training. Have you looked at the Learning Center Videos - tab at the bottom of the HOme page?

Add the converted to Video Wave. You can preview them there before you do any editing.

mpg is there, you didn't look hard enough at the drop down arrow in the upper right. Lower down where it lists the properties, clcik on that (you can't see the drop down arows) to select the display size etc. Try reading the help file for that converter and look at the How to pinned posts in the versions to find out how to do what you want to do. We can do some hand holding but can't provide you with full training. Have you looked at the Learning Center Videos - tab at the bottom of the HOme page?

Thanks for the replies but sorry to say guess I need some more hand holdin'. Can't get the finished production on to you-tube. I've tried to go the Roxio route and I've tried to go from the you-tube route. Says 100% uploaded but then says "wait. we're processing the file". When I "save as" it's a .dmsm file so is that not why you-tube don't like it? Oh I'm trying to share privately since it's a work video but could that mean anything?

Sheesh my 11 year old's doing great with moviemaker should I just use that? Or could someone tell me what's better about Roxio?

Thanks for the replies but sorry to say guess I need some more hand holdin'. Can't get the finished production on to you-tube. I've tried to go the Roxio route and I've tried to go from the you-tube route. Says 100% uploaded but then says "wait. we're processing the file". When I "save as" it's a .dmsm file so is that not why you-tube don't like it? Oh I'm trying to share privately since it's a work video but could that mean anything?

Sheesh my 11 year old's doing great with moviemaker should I just use that? Or could someone tell me what's better about Roxio?

A .dmsm file is NOT a video file. Compare it to a list instructions and of links to images, videos, transitions etc that are on your computer and the instructions on what to use and what not to use. It is NO good if it is anywhere other than on the computer you made it with and that all the things you used are in the same place.

Did you wait long enough for YouTube to process the file? It can take some time depending on how long the video is. What do you mean the "Roxio Route"?

From Video Wave, you have to select "OUTPUT" the file. I don't remember if you have the ability to go directyl to YouTube from that menu item or not ( I have Creator 2011 loaded and I do). If not, you still have to output the file to a format that YouTube accepts. You can then upload that either from Roxio or directyl to YouTube. Check with YouTube to see what they will accept and the size of the file they will accept.

A .dmsm file is NOT a video file. Compare it to a list instructions and of links to images, videos, transitions etc that are on your computer and the instructions on what to use and what not to use. It is NO good if it is anywhere other than on the computer you made it with and that all the things you used are in the same place.

Did you wait long enough for YouTube to process the file? It can take some time depending on how long the video is. What do you mean the "Roxio Route"?

From Video Wave, you have to select "OUTPUT" the file. I don't remember if you have the ability to go directyl to YouTube from that menu item or not ( I have Creator 2011 loaded and I do). If not, you still have to output the file to a format that YouTube accepts. You can then upload that either from Roxio or directyl to YouTube. Check with YouTube to see what they will accept and the size of the file they will accept.

Thank you so much for the reply. I finally got it on youtube via Roxio like you said go to "output". It was just as you said it just took a long time and I didn't wait long enough. Now this is just a little video I wanted my boss to see and just found out all employees are not allowed or have access to youtube on any company computer. If I want to convert the Roxio to .avi is there an easy way to do that? Any video converter can't seem to pick up the Roxio video. I guess what I'm asking is how do you "save as" to a suitable file on the computer? Thank-you

Thank you so much for the reply. I finally got it on youtube via Roxio like you said go to "output". It was just as you said it just took a long time and I didn't wait long enough. Now this is just a little video I wanted my boss to see and just found out all employees are not allowed or have access to youtube on any company computer. If I want to convert the Roxio to .avi is there an easy way to do that? Any video converter can't seem to pick up the Roxio video. I guess what I'm asking is how do you "save as" to a suitable file on the computer? Thank-you

Why do you want to convert the file to AVI? :blink:

You don't save as, you output. Select one of the output formats you want. Try outputting to WMV (Windows Media Video) most every computer except Apple will play it from a thumbdrive or from a DVD or CD.

Please read a little about AVI. There are a lot of different types of AVI file.

Why do you want to convert the file to AVI? :blink:

You don't save as, you output. Select one of the output formats you want. Try outputting to WMV (Windows Media Video) most every computer except Apple will play it from a thumbdrive or from a DVD or CD.

Please read a little about AVI. There are a lot of different types of AVI file.

OK thanks for that tip. Once again you were right about the "OUTPUT" part. Now for another weird question. I was able to place the video in a folder on my companies network. The problem is when someone in the company wants to view the video, they don't have the right codec. Is the object to make the video suitable (no idea how to do that) so that every computer in the company should be able view the video or do you think there is another way around this so everyone can view the video? Thanks

OK thanks for that tip. Once again you were right about the "OUTPUT" part. Now for another weird question. I was able to place the video in a folder on my companies network. The problem is when someone in the company wants to view the video, they don't have the right codec. Is the object to make the video suitable (no idea how to do that) so that every computer in the company should be able view the video or do you think there is another way around this so everyone can view the video? Thanks

If you are not the IT person, then talk to one. YOur company may have decided to not allow playing of any video (safety, security and productivity issues). It sounds like that is the issue because almost every Windows computer should be able to play WMV file. Your IT person should be able to tell you what is possible -- perhaps flash video format?

Why did you change your screen name?

Edited by sknis