Record Streaming Audio With Easy Audio Capture

epaul72

Question

Recently I decided to try to capture streaming audio from a local radio station. To play the audio on my computer, I downloaded RealPlayer SP because that was recommended by the station. It plays and records nicely, but I would like to use Creator 2010’s “Capture Audio from Sound Card” using “Roxio Easy Audio Capture” to stay within the Roxio framework. Easy Audio Capture won’t capture the sound I’m hearing from my computer. It makes a file for the time that I record, but there’s nothing in the file. The only settings available are: “Capture From: Realtek HD digital input” and “Input: CD Volume.” When I click Record while listening via RealPlayer SP, nothing happens at “Recording Level” in Easy Audio Capture. I’ve tried playing with the Options in Easy Audio Capture and nothing works. Any suggestions?

(I’ve also tried it using Quick Time as the player, and still no results.)

post-76032-063998700 1281810861.jpg

11 answers to this question

Recently I decided to try to capture streaming audio from a local radio station. To play the audio on my computer, I downloaded RealPlayer SP because that was recommended by the station. It plays and records nicely, but I would like to use Creator 2010's "Capture Audio from Sound Card" using "Roxio Easy Audio Capture" to stay within the Roxio framework. Easy Audio Capture won't capture the sound I'm hearing from my computer. It makes a file for the time that I record, but there's nothing in the file. The only settings available are: "Capture From: Realtek HD digital input" and "Input: CD Volume." When I click Record while listening via RealPlayer SP, nothing happens at "Recording Level" in Easy Audio Capture. I've tried playing with the Options in Easy Audio Capture and nothing works. Any suggestions?

(I've also tried it using Quick Time as the player, and still no results.)

What O/S do you have.

In your sound card in Win 7 you should have the Stereo Mix or "what you hear".

post-68-061197000 1281813881.png

Edited by ogdens

For WinXP

Right click on the Speaker icon in the systray

Choose Open Volume Control

On menu, click OPTIONS / Properties

Click the 'dot' beside Recording

Is there anything there UNCHECKED? For example, I have Stereo Mix unchecked.

If it is, Check it. This allows Stereo Mix (or WhatYouHear) as a recording source.

Click OK

Close the Audio Control and check Roxio recording again

For WinXP

Right click on the Speaker icon in the systray

Choose Open Volume Control

On menu, click OPTIONS / Properties

Click the 'dot' beside Recording

Is there anything there UNCHECKED? For example, I have Stereo Mix unchecked.

If it is, Check it. This allows Stereo Mix (or WhatYouHear) as a recording source.

Click OK

Close the Audio Control and check Roxio recording again

Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked the properties through the Volume Control. Selecting either Digital or Audio Input everything is checked. Still no recording.

Shouldn't I see some wiggles on the L and R under Recording Level when something is coming to Easy Audio Capture? I don't.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked the properties through the Volume Control. Selecting either Digital or Audio Input everything is checked. Still no recording.

Shouldn't I see some wiggles on the L and R under Recording Level when something is coming to Easy Audio Capture? I don't.

This is what you should see.This example shows Wave out Mix, yours might have Stereo Mix.or similar words

post-68-007504300 1281829897.png

Well, thanks again. What I have looks normal (Stereo mix); it just doesn't seem to work. I'll keep playing.

The pic in post #7 shows what controls you can select to be SHOWN, once you click on ok, the Recording Control screen comes up, and whatever controls you selected will show up.

Now you have to select which one you want to use, in your case click on Stereo Mix.

The pic in post #7 shows what controls you can select to be SHOWN, once you click on ok, the Recording Control screen comes up, and whatever controls you selected will show up.

Now you have to select which one you want to use, in your case click on Stereo Mix.

Thanks again for your help. Sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't get an e-mail about your post. It still doesn't want to capture sound directly, so I'm using Real Player SP for the capture and doing the editing in Sound Editor. That works fine. I may be losing something by converting from rm format to wav, but I can't hear it.

Hi, you should go to the easy audio capture official website to learn how to record streaming audio. Its interface gives us specific information on how to do it. If you still have questions, you should check your recording settings on your computer's sound card.

Since the thread is over 1 1/2 years old, I don't think that the origional poster cares anymore. You post also adds nothing to the conversation.