Saving Bluray Video To A Backup Harddrive

DocRock54

Question

I am a very new user, both to Macs and Toast. At this time I'm only worried about backing up video from my Canon Vixia HF11. I've successfully made BluRay copies and High Definition DVDs but since I have a large backup harddrive (2TB OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro), I wondered if I could back up the AVCHD files to the backup harddrive without first putting them on my MB Pro 5.1 harddrive (2.53 GHz Intel Core 2, Mac OS X 10.5.8) or using iMovie. Right now I'm using the converting feature to export files from the burner (OWC Mercury Pro 12X SuperDrive) to my back-up drive. I'm writing this while the copying takes place. I've never used the back-up HD to do anything more than backup my MB and I wasn't prompted to set up a new folder. I've been getting messages like "last command not completed because you don't have permission (error 5000) but when I click the copying seems to continue. Is this the right procedure? Am I risking my backup HD? Why am I getting the error message? Is there a better way to accomplish this task? Other than the very terse user manual that came with the Toast software, are there any other references for newbies like myself out there (like the Missing Manual series)? Thanks so much.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet