Roxio 2010 Pro / Photoshow Resolution Quesiton

d rick

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to create a photo collage of some pictures using PhotoShow (PS) and am having some challenges. I want to either have PS burn them in the native format, or use one of the BluRay resolutions:

1280x720 (720p)

1920x1080 (1080i)

or 1920x1080p (1080p)

a quick search of the forums only yielded this post below, and it appears that the OP was frustrated in a similar request

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/62557-high-quality-output-in-43-aspect-ratio

when i look inside PS, the only "high quality" option is 1024x768 which is not really all that "high quality" in my humble opinion.

if there is no way to do this in PS, is there any other component inside 2010 Pro that will do this for me?

TIA

D

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I'm trying to create a photo collage of some pictures using PhotoShow (PS) and am having some challenges. I want to either have PS burn them in the native format, or use one of the BluRay resolutions:

1280x720 (720p)

1920x1080 (1080i)

or 1920x1080p (1080p)

a quick search of the forums only yielded this post below, and it appears that the OP was frustrated in a similar request

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/62557-high-quality-output-in-43-aspect-ratio

when i look inside PS, the only "high quality" option is 1024x768 which is not really all that "high quality" in my humble opinion.

if there is no way to do this in PS, is there any other component inside 2010 Pro that will do this for me?

TIA

D

No to PS; yes to either Edit Video Advanced or Slide show Assistant. The Assistant has some premade transition themes but has been known to cause issues; Video Wave will do it but you have to work at it more.

What do you intend to do with the slide show? You can get HD ONLY if you make a blu-ray, or AVCHD disc, or play the file on your computer. A standard DVD will always be 720 by 480. That is the standard and nothing can change that.

No to PS; yes to either Edit Video Advanced or Slide show Assistant. The Assistant has some premade transition themes but has been known to cause issues; Video Wave will do it but you have to work at it more.

What do you intend to do with the slide show? You can get HD ONLY if you make a blu-ray, or AVCHD disc, or play the file on your computer. A standard DVD will always be 720 by 480. That is the standard and nothing can change that.

I want to take my high res photos and create a BR/DVD that i can give to family / friends (BluRay is pref medium) that they will play on their BR/DVD players, not computers.

I want to take my high res photos and create a BR/DVD that i can give to family / friends (BluRay is pref medium) that they will play on their BR/DVD players, not computers.

You sound like you do not have much experience with the program but your other posts seem to indicate that you know what you are doing. Why the question? Was it strictly for the PhotoShow capabilities?

I am going to suggest something that I do not normally suggest. How long is the collage that you want to make. How many images?

1) Under the Photo Tab. select Create Slide Shows.

2) In Step 1 Add your photos and music. Set your aspect ratio. Note that the photos will be added in numerical order that Windows likes so you may have to do a lot of rearranging.

3) In step 2 select something like 2 by 2 collage You can preview it and change it later. Also set the duration. You can use only one Smart Sound music file or add your own as may as you like.

4) In step 3, select to edit it in Video Wave. Here you can add/change music, or add a Title and End panel.

5) Save the project to a name and location you want. close Video Wave

6) Open Create DVD. Select Blu-ray and then select the menu you want (or no menu) add the project. Note, you can add more than one project to the menu.

7) Select HQ. When you go to burn, burn to an ISO file. When that completes copy the ISO to a Blu-ray disc using the Copy ISO on the Home page.

A couple of comments. If the slide show is going to be less than about 40-60 minutes long, AND if you know people have blu-ray players that will play AVCHD discs, consider that. You can make HD video on a standard DVD disc with a standard DVD player. It will save you the cost of the blu-ray disc.

You didn't post what computer you have but if it is "marginal? then the encoding can take 12 or more hours depending on the length of the slide show AND your computer. I bought the I7 to reduce the encoding time to just about overnight.

What blu-ray burner do you have? Post the specs on your computer. If you put them in your signature, then people will stop asking.

I wrote the above instructions before I realized that you should be proficient with the program. Sorry, I did not mean to talk down to you.

Edited by sknis