• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
siskiyou

Toast 9.07 With Os 10.6.4

Question

9 answers to this question

Not on my machine. 2010 mini. move a flac file. crash.

I'm unclear what you're describing. What were you trying to create with the FLAC file? What is meant by moving the file? Did you try doing the same thing with audio files in other formats to see if the problem is limited to FLAC?

I'm unclear what you're describing. What were you trying to create with the FLAC file? What is meant by moving the file? Did you try doing the same thing with audio files in other formats to see if the problem is limited to FLAC?

Create an audio CD. Simple drag and drop. Never had problem on the MDD g4. Clean install and updates. MP3 D&D to audio CD did not crash toast 9.

Process: Toast Titanium [528]

Path: /Applications/Toast 9 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/MacOS/Toast Titanium

Identifier: com.roxio.Toast

Version: 9.0.7 (260) (9.0.7)

Code Type: X86 (Native)

Parent Process: launchd [87]

Date/Time: 2010-09-29 13:21:35.445 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.4 (10F2025)

Report Version: 6

Interval Since Last Report: 142898 sec

Crashes Since Last Report: 3

Per-App Interval Since Last Report: 2215 sec

Per-App Crashes Since Last Report: 3

Anonymous UUID: 827C5A63-A308-4899-9918-64C689CC076C

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000010580def

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Thread 0 Crashed: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0 com.roxio.Toast 0x006653ba FLAC__window_tukey + 1931

Create an audio CD. Simple drag and drop. Never had problem on the MDD g4. Clean install and updates. MP3 D&D to audio CD did not crash toast 9.

I just did a test and Toast 9.0.7 crashed when trying to add a FLAC file. Toast 9.0.4 did not crash. So the problem happened somewhere between those versions. I don't know if the version of OS X matters. The same could be happening in 10.5.x. Toast 10.0.8 does not crash when FLAC tracks are added.

I just did a test and Toast 9.0.7 crashed when trying to add a FLAC file. Toast 9.0.4 did not crash. So the problem happened somewhere between those versions. I don't know if the version of OS X matters. The same could be happening in 10.5.x. Toast 10.0.8 does not crash when FLAC tracks are added.

Thanks for testing this out. I did same and went to 9.0.4, dragged & dropped some flac files and no CRASH.

I had 10.5.8 on the MDD g4 and 9.07 toast, hence the perception that it was 10.6.4 related on mini.

Again, thanks for your efforts.

This summer, I got the MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Core i7 loaded with all the latest updates, including Toast 9.0.7a and OS10.6.4. Anytime I try adding a FLAC file, Toast crashes. I try the same procedure on my PowerBook G4 1GHz and everything works fine. Is Toast 9 still supported for future updates or will Roxio's answer be to upgrade to Toast 10. I even deleted all Toast 9 files with AppCleaner and installed from scratch Toast 9 and it still didn't work.

The latest Toast updates have trouble with FLAC files. I believe the same problem exists with Toast 10.0.8. If you have an earlier version of Toast 9 it should work with those files.