Only Seeing Title Page (Menu Page?)

ColleenC

Question

I AM NEW IN WORKING WITH YOUR SOFTWARE SO PLEASE BE AS PATIENT WITH ME AS I HAVE BEEN WITH YOUR PRODUCT.

Last week I purchased Creator 2010 as the salesman told me this was the most easy and efficient software on the market, since I am new to this particular process I took his advice. Now I have been working almost non-stop for 4 days straight to complete my photo project (ALASKA CRUISE.

Initially I made a slideshow then completed a Video Copy and Convert so I could place it on a DVD for playback on either my computer or my DVD player (for my TV). That didn’t work for me. I used this because I was under the impression that I had to use it because my file ended up being 5.5gb.

After reading through your discussion forum and discovered that I needed to use MYDVD. Your User guide that came with the manual did not indicate to do this. But I appreciate the information I found on the discussion forum.

Then for some unknown reason I started getting Black Pages instead of photos. So I rebuilt my project from scratch.

I found the building process very long and cumbersome as I could only add about 5 pages at a time before my machine would freeze (especially when trying to add text to the place holders – I finally gave up on these because they wouldn’t stay where I placed them anyway). I have plenty of memory so this should not have been an issue.

After completing the photo slideshow/project again, saved as a MPEG, then using the MYDVD I was able to receive a PREVIEW that was acceptable (would have been nicer with my placeholders). I then burned them to the appropriate DVD+RW (requested by my DVD player). Now, I can see the title page (menu page?) on both my computer and my DVD player (attached to TV), but it doesn’t forward to or play the actual movie.

Its been a very long 4 days of working this. It doesn’t seem that it should be this hard as I have worked with computers for 20+ years. I am just new to digital photography and products that are offered to present my work.

9 answers to this question

Part of the problem is your computer/video device. What do you have?

Did you click on one of the movies on the menu? What you are seeing is just a 20 second or so preview. You should see your video full screen.

Thank you for your response. I was able to click on my only movie on the menu - using my computer, but I was not able to click on anything using my DVD player (attached to my TV). We waited over a minute for something else to come up but nothing did. It just kept repeating itself like it does on a regular movie DVD until you highlight and select play.

Thank you for your response. I was able to click on my only movie on the menu - using my computer, but I was not able to click on anything using my DVD player (attached to my TV). We waited over a minute for something else to come up but nothing did. It just kept repeating itself like it does on a regular movie DVD until you highlight and select play.

Are you sure that you DVD player will play RW discs? Not all do.

I don't understand -- did you highlight and select play on the DVD attached to your TV? Do you see the menu item?

Are you sure that you DVD player will play RW discs? Not all do.

I don't understand -- did you highlight and select play on the DVD attached to your TV? Do you see the menu item?

I checked with my User's Manual for the DVD player and it requests DVD+RW. I saw the menu item, but I couldn't highlight it.

I checked with my User's Manual for the DVD player and it requests DVD+RW. I saw the menu item, but I couldn't highlight it.

What setting did you use to create the image file? Fit to Disc? If you try using High Quality setting (if you didn't create the image file with this setting the first time around), does it make a difference in the playability of the DVD?

What setting did you use to create the image file? Fit to Disc? If you try using High Quality setting (if you didn't create the image file with this setting the first time around), does it make a difference in the playability of the DVD?

I did use the "fit to disc" option because the file size was right at 4.45GB and I wasn't sure if it would fit.

I am at work. I will try this tonight when I get home. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice and suggestions. Between the compliation of them all I have a photo project of our recent Alaska Cruise that will be enjoyed for a long time. I am going to try to enhance it a little now with VideoWave. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I did use the "fit to disc" option because the file size was right at 4.45GB and I wasn't sure if it would fit.

I am at work. I will try this tonight when I get home. Thank you.

Never use fit-to-disc, it gives poor results. File size is not important at all. It is the time length of you project that is the most important parameter to determine if a project will fit on a DVD. A standard 4.7GB DVD will only hold 60 minutes of video using the best quality setting. Any longer and you have to use one of the other settings but the video has to be more compressed and you lose quality.

While it is a good idea to use RW DVDs for testing, I don't recommend it for the "permanent" burn. I don't think your DVD player will only accept RW DVDs, I am sure it also accepts either _R or +R DVDs.

To create you slideshow you should be using Videowave (Edit video - advanced). myDVD is basically for creating the menus, chapter, and burning.

Text will of course "move" if you add new photos somewhere on the timeline before where the text occurs. If you want the text to apply to only one photo, add it using the internal tracks.

Then when you move the photo or insert new photos, the text will move with the photo.

Trying to create big project the first time you use C2010 is not a good idea. You should be doing small project so that you get familiar with the different features and options that are in the program. In fact I always create small videowave projects which I then assemble into the main project. That way I only work on a small part of the overall project and if something goes wrong I might lose only that small part instead of the full project.