Move Photoshow

Mary Jane

Question

How can I move a particular photoshow of mine that appears in Photoshow.com over to my Photoshow online program? I want to make a DVD of it and when it is in Photoshow.com you have to pay for a DVD, but you make a DVD yourself from the photoshows in your Photoshow online program. I've asked Roxio to do it and no answer.

6 answers to this question

How can I move a particular photoshow of mine that appears in Photoshow.com over to my Photoshow online program? I want to make a DVD of it and when it is in Photoshow.com you have to pay for a DVD, but you make a DVD yourself from the photoshows in your Photoshow online program. I've asked Roxio to do it and no answer.

Open the Photo Show and then select to download it as an mp4 file. You will get a message and then you will get an e-mail with a link. Do you have a program that will make a DVD from the mp4 file?

If you have the desktop Photo Show 6, you can download (save) it to that program and burn a disc from there.

Open the Photo Show and then select to download it as an mp4 file. You will get a message and then you will get an e-mail with a link. Do you have a program that will make a DVD from the mp4 file?

If you have the desktop Photo Show 6, you can download (save) it to that program and burn a disc from there.

I don't think I have an MP4 file but my husband said he would look into it tomorrow. Can we download an mp4 file onto my computer? Wouldn't it be possible for Roxio to download the photoshow from photoshow.com into my online photoshow program? I will try what you said tomorrow if we can put mp4 on my computer and let you know what happens. Thank you. Mary Jane

I don't think I have an MP4 file but my husband said he would look into it tomorrow. Can we download an mp4 file onto my computer? Wouldn't it be possible for Roxio to download the photoshow from photoshow.com into my online photoshow program? I will try what you said tomorrow if we can put mp4 on my computer and let you know what happens. Thank you. Mary Jane

I guess that I don't understand what you are saying. Is this your Photo Show? If it is, then photoshow.com is the same as your on-line account. Why do you need to move it?

Yes, you can download the mp4 file to your computer. The issue then is do you have to have a program that will burn the mp4 file to a disc? If you want to play the Photo Show from the DVD disc then the DVD needs to be authored. Authoring in this case means that the mp4 file and all the files structure and all the control files need to be put on the disc when it is made. You cannot just copy the mp4 file to a disc and play it on anything other than a computer.

Do you have Photo Show 5 or 6 as the desktop version? Why not? If you have the premium account then you should simply download it from Photo Show and work from there. You can download the Photo Shows to the desktop version, edit them and then burn them.

I guess that I don't understand what you are saying. Is this your Photo Show? If it is, then photoshow.com is the same as your on-line account. Why do you need to move it?

Yes, you can download the mp4 file to your computer. The issue then is do you have to have a program that will burn the mp4 file to a disc? If you want to play the Photo Show from the DVD disc then the DVD needs to be authored. Authoring in this case means that the mp4 file and all the files structure and all the control files need to be put on the disc when it is made. You cannot just copy the mp4 file to a disc and play it on anything other than a computer.

Do you have Photo Show 5 or 6 as the desktop version? Why not? If you have the premium account then you should simply download it from Photo Show and work from there. You can download the Photo Shows to the desktop version, edit them and then burn them.

First thank you for answering me so quickly! Yes, I have Photoshow 5 and 6 as desktop version, just click on icon to get in. Neither have the particular Photoshow I want to copy. My computer crashed a year ago and when we downloaded them back on to my computer that show was not there. However, if you go into Photoshow.com and click on MY PHOTOSHOWS - The photoshow I want to make a DVD of is in this program. Sounds crazy doesn't it. I'v tried to download the photoshow from the .com version and it won't let me, it starts to download and then a pop up comes up saying "Unable to download.....(photoshow name), try again." Customer Service is trying to come up with a solution on how we can move the photoshow from the .com version to my desktop version. On the .com version, you can only make a DVD through them. It doesn't allow you to burn a DVD like the destop version does. Really wild!!!

Now, are you saying if we copy a DVD copy through an MP4 file method, the DVD can only be played on a computer and not a DVD player? Going to a doctors appointment now will check back when I get home. Thank you again so very much. Mary Jane

SKnis: Well I am finally getting back to you to let you know I have a DVD of my New England Photoshow. I finally talked to a tech with cust svc who stayed on the phone with me until we worked it out. It took over an hour. After we tried all kind of things, I finally opened the photoshow and then opened EDIT - I then took out photo 97 and 3 more photos after it - Made sure everything looked ok and music was in sync - then went back to my online system and clicked on download and downloaded it without the message appearing that it could not download - New England photoshow came over so then I was able to click share and make a DVD. SO SIMPLE! HA! HA!

Thanks again for keeping me motivated to stay with it and I was able to get my DVD. By the way, the photoshow "McConnell's Mills State Park 2010" you sent was really nice. I liked the way you had photos and then put the video also in. A very nice job. Are we able to do that out of Photoshow 6? If so, I would like to try it. That's another project.

By the way, the photoshow "McConnell's Mills State Park 2010" you sent was really nice. I liked the way you had photos and then put the video also in. A very nice job. Are we able to do that out of Photoshow 6? If so, I would like to try it. That's another project.

I'm glad they were able to help and that you have your DVD. :)

Yes, you do that with PhotoShow 6. Look at the help files (on-line) to find out what kind (format) and size videos you can add. V6 does not have all the video format options that are available with the on-line version but now you know how to get the on-line version downloaded to make a disc or just a file. The mp4 files are the easiest. if you don't want to edit.

Creator 2011 (a full video/editing/data) suite just came out and you should see that PhotoShow in 3D [/b] :o ! Roxio uses the old cyan/red glasses to give the 3D effect when playing back the file with Roxio's CinePlayer. At this point I don't want to get into a lot of detail about 3D and the possible formats.