Mary Jane

Photoshow 5 Changing?

Question

I read that some of the advantages that Photoshow 5 have now will be going away. What advantages will be leaving? I love Photoshow 5 because there are so many things you can do in it. Has anyone heard what advantages are going away? Why can't they leave what people want alone??? Will they add them to Photoshow 6? Maybe I should not be worrying about this since I have not seen Roxio put out anything about it.

8 answers to this question

I read that some of the advantages that Photoshow 5 have now will be going away. What advantages will be leaving? I love Photoshow 5 because there are so many things you can do in it. Has anyone heard what advantages are going away? Why can't they leave what people want alone??? Will they add them to Photoshow 6? Maybe I should not be worrying about this since I have not seen Roxio put out anything about it.

You may have misread one of my posts. That was in comparison with Photo Show 6.

Advantages do not equal features. Photo Show 5 will not change but eventually it will go away. I can't even guess at a time frame

What features in Photo Show 5 do you need? Are you sure that they are not already in Photo Show 6?

You may have misread one of my posts. That was in comparison with Photo Show 6.

Advantages do not equal features. Photo Show 5 will not change but eventually it will go away. I can't even guess at a time frame

What features in Photo Show 5 do you need? Are you sure that they are not already in Photo Show 6?

The feature in putting captions is so much better in 5 than 6. You can place in different areas of photo and more than just one caption. Just so much better. Also better selections in putting in captions. The whole caption feature is just 100% better in 5 than 6.

I also love being able to have time limits on showing pictures. Some pictures may have a number of people and would need at least 10 seconds to look over the crowd of people.

I also like the many different ways you can display your pictures in a show. There are just so many more ways to make a photoshow so much more professional in 5 than 6. Bottom line - I LOVE Photoshow 5.

I can't even imagine not having Photoshow 5, I guess it's because I have been using it for 3 years and I am so used to it and it does what I want.

The feature in putting captions is so much better in 5 than 6. You can place in different areas of photo and more than just one caption. Just so much better. Also better selections in putting in captions. The whole caption feature is just 100% better in 5 than 6.

I also love being able to have time limits on showing pictures. Some pictures may have a number of people and would need at least 10 seconds to look over the crowd of people.

I also like the many different ways you can display your pictures in a show. There are just so many more ways to make a photoshow so much more professional in 5 than 6. Bottom line - I LOVE Photoshow 5.

I can't even imagine not having Photoshow 5, I guess it's because I have been using it for 3 years and I am so used to it and it does what I want.

If you are comfortable with Photo Show 5, then continue to use it.

1) In 6, you can change the image duration per side if you want to.

2) There are somewhere around 100 caption choices; I stopped counting.

3) You can place it anywhere on the photo.

4) I don't know how to add more than one caption to an image; or if you can.

5) I'm not sure what you mean by "ways you can display your picture" Do you mean transition themes?

6) You can output and burn to mpg2 and wmv and can burn your own DVDs easier.

7) You can download the Photo Show from the web and edit it. Any editing there will be on the one on your computer AND the one on the web. After all isn't this the feature you were askign for in your first post?

If you need a more "professional" program with lots more features, have you thought about Creator 2010 or more specifically "Edit Video Advanced"?

I WILL still use my Photoshow 5, but I went into 6 and found out how to change time frames and move captions around. How do you change transitions? I like to fade them in or cross dissolve and change to different shapes - stars, raindrops, etc.

I guess its just what you get used to. I guess I will probably play around with the 6 off and on for short photoshows and want to thank you for all of your information and responding to me.

Did you see my problem about having a particular photoshow in photoshow.com but it is not in my online photoshow program where I click on my photoshow icon. I want to make a DVD of this particular photoshow and you cannot burn a DVD out of photoshow.com only buy them from Roxio. Someone mentioned to me to save it on or to MP4 so I tried and it said it would take a few hours and they would send me an email when it was ready and I said OK. It said it was loading it but 3 hours later it looked like it just stoped or froze and I never have received an email. I'm still trying to figure out how to bring that particular photoshow into my online folder so I can burn a DVD of it.

Thanks again for the info you sent me and if you have any idea how to help me regarding being able to make a DVD of photoshow in photoshow.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again, Mary Jane Riney

Check your spam filter for an e-mail from Roxio or PhotoShow. If you go to the site and click make mpg4 one of two things will happen. If the first try was unsuccesful then you will get the same message that you did the first time. If the first time was successful but you can't find the e-mail, the the window that opnes will just give you the link to download.

If you have PhotoShow 6 on your computer (as it seems you do), then open it and select "Online" amd then "Download My PhotoShows". A winodw will open and you can select the one you want to download. Once it is downloaded (It may take some time), click on it and then select "Share". One of the options will be to make a DVD. You should be good to go from there.

Let me know if that works.

Check your spam filter for an e-mail from Roxio or PhotoShow. If you go to the site and click make mpg4 one of two things will happen. If the first try was unsuccesful then you will get the same message that you did the first time. If the first time was successful but you can't find the e-mail, the the window that opnes will just give you the link to download.

If you have PhotoShow 6 on your computer (as it seems you do), then open it and select "Online" amd then "Download My PhotoShows". A winodw will open and you can select the one you want to download. Once it is downloaded (It may take some time), click on it and then select "Share". One of the options will be to make a DVD. You should be good to go from there.

Let me know if that works.

I opened my Photoshow 6 on my computer, clicked on "online", then hit "download my photoshows" and clicked (it highlighted) the photoshow I wanted. It seems funny because it is taking an awful long time (over 3 hours)it looks like it is downloading and says "Downloading Photoshow information". I know it was a long photoshow (191 pictures) of a vacation we took. Do you think it should take this long? If it doesn't stop before I go to bed, I think I will try again tomorrow. I will be sure and let you know if this works or not. It makes sense that it should work except it seems funny to me that it is taking this long. Thank you for being patient with me. You have helped me more than anyone I have talked to so far.

I opened my Photoshow 6 on my computer, clicked on "online", then hit "download my photoshows" and clicked (it highlighted) the photoshow I wanted. It seems funny because it is taking an awful long time (over 3 hours)it looks like it is downloading and says "Downloading Photoshow information". I know it was a long photoshow (191 pictures) of a vacation we took. Do you think it should take this long? If it doesn't stop before I go to bed, I think I will try again tomorrow. I will be sure and let you know if this works or not. It makes sense that it should work except it seems funny to me that it is taking this long. Thank you for being patient with me. You have helped me more than anyone I have talked to so far.

Well I went back in and started over because it just didn't seem right. This time it counted off the pictures as it was downloading. It was at about 135th or so and I went out of the room and when I came back to look at the screen this is what it said: "Unable to download Mary Jane & Bill visit New England...." from Roxio Photoshow. Please try again later. OK There was a circle with an "i" in the middle of the pop up. I hit OK and I guess I will try again tomorrow. Seems I did this before about 3 weeks ago. I just can't figure out why it is so hard to bring it over.

Well I went back in and started over because it just didn't seem right. This time it counted off the pictures as it was downloading. It was at about 135th or so and I went out of the room and when I came back to look at the screen this is what it said: "Unable to download Mary Jane & Bill visit New England...." from Roxio Photoshow. Please try again later. OK There was a circle with an "i" in the middle of the pop up. I hit OK and I guess I will try again tomorrow. Seems I did this before about 3 weeks ago. I just can't figure out why it is so hard to bring it over.

Downloading does take a long time so it might be better to start just before you go to bed and it might be done in the morning. It really depends on your Internet service and if it cuts a download off after a long time. Make sure that you have a lot of free space on the hard drive you are downloading to and that it has recently been defragged. It also depends on how many people are uploading and downloading at one time. As for the failure, it might be something that PhotoShow Tech support can help with but it don't think it is anything with the site; just your computer and Internet. You may also want to contact your Internet supplier to see if they can help. Sorry.