Sign in to follow this  
doz19

Me And My Girl Series 2

Question

hi,

got me and my girl files s2-1 , 2 etc mpeg when i play them it says they arent a movie file how weird! how can i get them to work?

5 answers to this question

QuickTme Player will not recognize MPEG-2 files as valid movie files if you do not have the $20 MPEG-2 Playback Component installed. (Even if you did have this component, there may still be issues for MPEG-2 files wit AC3 audio.)

Toast does not care about that and should be able to burn a good DVD-Video without said component.

For just playback on your computer, try VLC Media Player or MPlayer OSX Extended, as they do not utilize QuickTime and have their own decoders built-in.

ahh thanks, will try those players, how could i get the episodes onto a disc though to play on a dvd player?

tried to download both of the players and wouldnt work with the version of mac i have got , ive got: 10.04.11 if theres versions of the program compatible please let me know

ahh thanks, will try those players, how could i get the episodes onto a disc though to play on a dvd player?

tried to download both of the players and wouldnt work with the version of mac i have got , ive got: 10.04.11 if theres versions of the program compatible please let me know

There should be earlier versions of VLC player available at their site. You also could try playing them with Toast Video Player which can be opened via the Toast Extras menu.

As for making a video DVD, just choose the DVD video setting in the Toast Video window, add the video files, prepare the menu the way you want and click the burn button (or choose Save as Disc Image). If you choose Save as disc image it can be burned to DVD using the Image File setting in the Copy window.

VLC package for Mac OS X 10.4 : version 0.9.10 (Universal Binary)

MPlayer package for Mac OS X 10.4 : revision 11 (Universal Binary)

the toast video player worked thanks.. so to burn them i wouldnt have to convert the files ? i usually convert to mpeg 4 and burn them to a disc