How Do I Uninstall So I Can Reinstall?

jayessem

Question

I'm having troubles with CD Spin Doctor that I just purchased from the Roxio website.

One time I brought in an AIFF file and when Spin Doctor said it was generating a waveform all I got was a few vertical lines (see attached). Another time I tried to capture a file off the internet. Things seemed to be going well and after the recording Spin Doctor said it was processing tracks -- and it told me there were ten tracks -- good news as there were 10 songs in the file. But then the program just sat there claiming to be processing track one of ten. At first my CPU was running at 100% but after a long long time (like two or three hours) usage dropped to almost nothing (even as Spin Doctor still claimed to be working on track one). I attach a screen capture of the Spin Doctor window and my activity monitor.

Someone suggested I should check that I have the latest version -- I have no idea how to do that.

And said if all else failed I should uninstall and do a clean reinstall. Again I'm not sure exactly what to do.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm running Spin Doctor 6 -- don't know exactly which version -- on a G4 Mac with OS X 10.5.8

Thanks

post-86118-034877500 1282081971.png

post-86118-044603200 1282081995.png

2 answers to this question

The latest version of the standalone CD Spin Doctor is 6.1.1 available here.

To uninstall Spin Doctor there should be a "cdsdd.plist" and a "com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist" file in your User>Library>Preferences folder and a "CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext" file in you System>Library>Extensions folder. At least that is what I have although my version is the one bundled with Toast 10.

The latest version of the standalone CD Spin Doctor is 6.1.1 available here.

To uninstall Spin Doctor there should be a "cdsdd.plist" and a "com.roxio.hzsystems.CDSpinDoctor.plist" file in your User>Library>Preferences folder and a "CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext" file in you System>Library>Extensions folder. At least that is what I have although my version is the one bundled with Toast 10.

Perfect -- many thanks.

I'll give this stuff a try and hope I can get a clean install and a working version of Spin Doctor.