Problems Converting (Comand -50)

Philippe Gnannt

Question

Once again, I'm having another question and this time it's a serious problem:

When I started using Popcorn as a converter it was all good as I always converted video files which haven't been big at all (like 5min footage) but as I have plenty of other video footage on my laptop which I wanted to edit right now, I noticed that I'm having like 30min long videos, too. Now as I wanted to convert these files to edit them, there is always coming this info box saying (failure, comand -50 could not,...) I've read about this problem in another topic but when I wanted to cut these clip with the Toast Video Player, it wasn't working either... so where is the problem, why can't Popcorn 4 just make an update and this failure is gone? I'm just a poor pupil who spents all his money on traveling and video equipment and for Popcorn 4 I spent over 50 €... a lot of money for me. I hope that somebody can help me with this problem - PLEASE!!! I would highly appreciate that!

Kind regards,

Philippe

6 answers to this question

First of all, thanks a lot for the quick response.

I capture my videos with a Panasonic camcorder which records .mts files. I am using a external disk drive because my laptop isn't having so many GB but if it would work, I could drag the files on my laptop and then back to my external disk drive when they're converted. I am converting in .h264 format, everything set to the maximum (quality 100% etc.).

Very happy that you help me out, highly appreciate that!

Philippe

and the failure code is: -1309

I think I've read other posts about this error involving .mts files from camcorders. Have you searched the Toast 10 and Toast 9 forums in case it has been addressed there. I'll see what I can find out but can't do it today.

All right following thing right now: I tried converting my videos not from my external drive but from my laptop and YES it worked!!!

But when I wanted to copy my .mov files back to my external drive, the big files cause a unknwon failure (failure 0)... what is wrong now? I can copy the small files but the big files don't, even if they're just around 7 GB big (my external disk drive is having 1000 GB)?

Anyways thanks a lot, the first step is done!

Kind regards,

Philippe

update: I found out, that there's a file limit for the system "FAT 32" which is 4GB. I've searched through the web and saw that "NTFS" system supports all types of files whether big or small and that it is also working with MAC but you can NOT write files from your Macbook to a external drive running "NTFS" only with Windows... is there another solution or system for Macbooks only which supports big files, too?

Thanks a lot,

Philippe