• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning problem

CaroleCat

Question

I having been getting the same error message with Roxio Creator 2010 for over a week now. I have tried everything I can think of - disk defrag, disk cleanup, unistall DVD drive, update DVD drive, update/repair Roxio Creator 2010, registry scan, spyware scan, enabled/disabled DMAs, copied PX to system32 - nothing works. The DVD-Rs I'm using are brand new (though I've checked disc info just to be sure), and are of two different brands (Sony and Memorex - both worked just fine until this problem started). Can anyone help?

I did notice that when I repaired Roxio Creator 2010, there was a pop-up that said I need to close the application vfblock.dll - asked the installer to close it for me, but got another pop-up saying that action was not possible. Seeing as the error codes all refer to dll, I think this blockdll application may be the culprit, but I don't know how to find it or how to close it.

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC. The DVD driver is a Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H ATA Device.

I haved wasted many DVDs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I having been getting the same error message with Roxio Creator 2010 for over a week now. I have tried everything I can think of - disk defrag, disk cleanup, unistall DVD drive, update DVD drive, update/repair Roxio Creator 2010, registry scan, spyware scan, enabled/disabled DMAs, copied PX to system32 - nothing works. The DVD-Rs I'm using are brand new (though I've checked disc info just to be sure), and are of two different brands (Sony and Memorex - both worked just fine until this problem started). Can anyone help?

I did notice that when I repaired Roxio Creator 2010, there was a pop-up that said I need to close the application vfblock.dll - asked the installer to close it for me, but got another pop-up saying that action was not possible. Seeing as the error codes all refer to dll, I think this blockdll application may be the culprit, but I don't know how to find it or how to close it.

My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC. The DVD driver is a Slimtype DVD A DS8A1H ATA Device.

I haved wasted many DVDs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Your post was split from the thread you posted in since your problem is not at all similar.

In fact we don't even know what you are trying to burn: a data DVD, music DVD, video DVD? What program from C2010 are you using?

If you're trying to copy a commercial DVD, it won't work (they're protected and it's illegal to try to break that)

In regard to the dll: Just hold down Alt, Ctrl, Del at the same time - select Task manager from the screen that will come up, go to processes and stop the .dll (it will be in the list). Rrurn to Windows and repeat the uninstall

If you're trying to copy a commercial DVD, it won't work (they're protected and it's illegal to try to break that)

In regard to the dll: Just hold down Alt, Ctrl, Del at the same time - select Task manager from the screen that will come up, go to processes and stop the .dll (it will be in the list). Rrurn to Windows and repeat the uninstall

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by "repeat the uninstall?"